|Personal Information Summary|
|Lisa Byington Hometown||Chicago, Illinois|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||May 18, 1976. As of 2022, she is around 46 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Partner / Boyfriend||No confirmed information available.|
|Where did Lisa Byington go to high school?||After playing college basketball and soccer at Northwestern University, Byington earned a bachelor’s degree with a focus on print journalism and a master’s degree with a focus on broadcast journalism.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Lisa Byington is an American anchor, broadcaster, and sports reporter originally from Chicago, Illinois.
- A pioneer in her own right, Lisa has worked very hard to make her mark in a male-dominated industry, something which has earned her a lot of respect.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Lisa was born in 1976 in Chicago. She has a special bond with both of her parents and loves to share pictures of them on social media with her followers.
- When she is not working, Byington enjoys spending time with her family and friends and generally likes to keep most of her life out of the limelight save for what she shares on social media and in an occasional interview.
- Lisa Byington High School : Portage Northern High School
- Later, she attended Northwestern University and played both soccer and basketball for the school. When she played for Northwestern, both the basketball team and the soccer team reached the NCAA Tournament.
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- Lisa began her career in Alpena, Michigan, working for the WBKB station before moving to Lansing, Michigan, where she spent several years working for the WLNS team. While working for WLNS, her main job was to cover various sports stories locally at both the high school and college levels.
- She eventually moved from Michigan and took several jobs across the country, holding multiple positions that included being a sports broadcaster, a reporter, producer, and a studio host.
- Byington worked at various stations that included the likes of NSWL’s Chicago Red Stars, WNBA’s Chicago Sky, FS2, FS1, ESPN, CBS Sports Network, and Pac-12 Network.
- A true testament to her hard work and dedication, Lisa earned herself the honor of being named the first-ever woman to work for the Big Ten Network as one of their play-by-play announcers.
- Previously, she had worked for the Network as one of their sideline reporters during various college sports events but had never actually called a game.
- Despite walking a relatively new path as a play-by-play announcer, Lisa has shown countless times that she is an absolute professional and that she is capable of rising to the occasion when she’s needed.
- Byington was the first woman to call a men’s NCAA tournament basketball game in March 2021. Later that year, the assignment for calling men’s and women’s soccer games at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics was “a dream come true” for her.
- Every year since 2021, the “Lisa Byington Award” honors a young female student broadcaster. The “Lisa Byington Award” winner gets a one-week professional immersion at the Big Ten Network studios in Chicago, as well as the opportunity to film portions for their résumé reel!
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- When she is not working, Lisa enjoys staying as active as possible. On her personal blog, she has stated that fitness is something she has always been passionate about for a long time. She especially enjoys running and biking away from the crowded areas of the city. She had admitted that although she is not in shape, she was in her prime when she played college sports. Even now, she still works hard to make fitness and healthy eating a big part of her daily life. It is something she believes has had a positive impact on both her outside appearance and her inner health. She often goes on a 16-mile bike ride along the lake and south of the downtown Chicago area.
- It’s no secret that Byington’s work schedule is incredibly demanding, but she always manages to find a moment for herself. She enjoys taking time to pray, meditate, and find calm in an otherwise busy life. She also enjoys catching sunsets and sunrises whenever she can.
Michelle McMahon Age, Wikipedia, Bio, Married, Husband【 BTN 】Height
Emily Kaplan ESPN :: Age, Wikipedia, Married, Family, Husband, Height
Jamie Hersch Age【 Wiki Biography 】Height, Husband, Married
Lyndsay Rowley Age, Bio, Husband, Wiki, Salary, Married, Wikipedia
Tracey Myers NHL CSN Wikipedia, Age, Bio, Wedding, Married, Husband
Jackie Redmond Age, Wiki Biography, Dad【 Family 】Husband, Married
Carly Zucker Wedding, Age, Wikipedia, Baby, KFAN, Height, Wiki Bio
Alyson Lozoff Age, Married【 Aly 】Bio Wiki, Height, Family, Husband
Andrea Helfrich Age, Salary, Wiki, Married, Bio, Measurements, Husband