Elizabeth Talbot is involved in a profession that most women would not touch with a barge pole! She is a valuer and auctioneer, dealing with all kinds of antiques. Her work has fetched her many accolades.
Personal Life & Family Details :
- Elizabeth’s hometown is Lincoln, a cathedral city in England.
- As a child, she often visited stately homes and museums, along with her family. These trips created a deep love for history and all things from the past.
- Elizabeth felt fascinated by the fact that every object had its own story to relate about people and events in days gone by!
- After her marriage to a guy named Michael, she moved to Norfolk in East Anglia, in 1995. The couple are proud parents to their twin girls.
Interest in Antiques :
- Elizabeth’s interest in antiques encouraged her to learn everything about the trade, in the mid-80s.
- Unlike other antique lovers, she did not focus on intricate museum items. Instead, she perused the histories of everyday objects!
- The artisanship of the late 19th and early 20th century enthralled her, as did Victoriana.
Profession, Salary, Career & Net Worth
- During the late 1980s and early 1990s, Elizabeth was both, a resident Antiques Valuer and a Theatre Critic for BBC Radio Sheffield.
- The auctions department for a Lincoln-based firm was also under her supervision, for three years.
- She moved to East Anglia in 1995, where TW Gaze & Son appointed her as the valuer and auctioneer for their Diss Auction Rooms.
- TW Gaze & Sons offered her a partnership in 2000, and Elizabeth accepted it.
- From the latter part of 2010, Elizabeth acted as an antiques valuer for Diss, on Park radio, the local radio station.
- She also hosted “Sunday Night In,” her own music-based, radio programme.
- The resident Antiques Expert from BBC Radio Norfolk, answers phone-in calls readily.
- She appears regularly on television shows, such as Flog It, The Antiques Road Trip, Going for a Song, Cash in the Attic, Bargain Hunt and Cash in the Celebrity Attic.
- Elizabeth is also an Honorary Member of the Hornby Railway Collectors Association.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Elizabeth loves to help ‘people in need.’ She essayed the role of charity auctioneer for the Children in Need auction organized by BBC Radio Norfolk.
- She was Mike’s experienced friend on their Mike Liggins’ Sunday Morning Show, for a year-and-a-half.
- BBC Radio Suffolk had her once a guest on their show.
- Elizabeth has undertaken incidental appearances on “East Enders” twice.
- As a writer, she contributes feature articles towards diverse BBC and Regional TV magazine programmes, such as Home Malone.
- Sometimes, she isalso a broadcaster for current affairs and news on television, filling up an empty slot.
Elizabeth exhibits a deep love for everything ‘historical’ in nature. She believes in the adage that “old is gold” & would love if everyone else comprehends it too!No confirmed information on this.