Biography Details / Profile Information
- Stephanie Connell is an Art and Antiques dealer as well as a consultant with over 15 years’ experience specialising in decorative objects from the 19th and 20th centuries. In addition, she is highly regarded for her expertise in Entertainment Memorabilia.
- Stephanie has worked for many organisations but is probably best known as the face of BBC’s TV show Bargain Hunt.
Personal Life and Family Background :
- Stephanie was born and bought up in her hometown of Cockermouth in the county of Cumbria, England where her parents still live.
- Now she is based in Surrey in the South of England where her business is located.
Early Life and Education
- Stephanie’s first introduction to the world of antiques was at the age of 9 when she began stamp collecting. She became enthralled by the other things for sale in antique shops and would often drag her parents there.
- On her first visit to an auction in a big old country house, she became fascinated by the whole thing & decided there and then she wanted to become an auctioneer.
- For her education, Stephanie went to school in Cockermouth, Cumbria in England’s Lake District.
- She also has a Bachelors Degree in the History of Art and Design which includes film history from Manchester Metropolitan University.
- She also holds a Master Degree in Fine Arts Valuation from Southampton Solent University.
- Moreover, Connell also has a Post Graduate Diploma in Interior Design and has a working knowledge of French.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- In 2003, Stephanie took her first steps in the career that she loves. She worked as a Sales Room Assistant and Advisor at Mitchells Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers.
- Gaining valuable experience in her former role, Stephanie started working at the world-renowned Bonham Auctioneers in 2006. During her time there, she became Director of their Collector Sales and Head of the Entertainment Memorabilia department.
- Over the years, many interesting jobs came her way, such as the sale of musician Eric Clapton’s guitars and amplifiers, the family archive of singer George Harrison and the auction of ‘Doctor Who’ on behalf of the BBC network.
- She was also involved in the sale of the statue of the original Maltese Falcon and even the sale of Ex-First Lady Jackie Kennedy’s pearls.
- In 2014, she launched her online Arts and Antiques store whose services include collections, acquisitions and sales advice.
- In 2015, Connell became involved in the sale of the estate of the late Lord Richard Attenborough and Sir Christopher Lee’s Lord of the Rings collection.
- Her latest venture has seen her embark on the Antiques Road Trip series for the BBC.
- Stephanie is also lucky enough to have a role she enjoys in BBC TV’s Bargain Hunt combining her love of travel to different places and meeting new people. Through this work, she has brought the world of antiques into people’s living rooms.
- It was Charlie Ross on Antiques Road Trip, who recommended her to the Bargain Hunt team. After successfully doing a screen test and some waiting time, they asked her to start filming!
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
No confirmed information is available. It is not known if Stephanie is dating or married.
- When she is travelling, Stephanie always tries to visit a historic house or museum.
- She thinks of being an auctioneer as being like a time traveller.
- If she was not an auctioneer, Stephanie mentions that she would have been an Interior Designer, as it allows you to be creative, purchase good pieces and search a way to make them beautiful.
- In her free time, Stephanie is a movie buff – She watches films, reads about them, and looks at movie posters!
- Cake is Stephanie’s guilty pleasure.