Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
- Quite an interesting description awaits the reader who visits the BBC website to read about auctioneer Jonathan Pratt. A smiling portrait size photographer greets one as his bio states his married status and says he has a love-hate relationship with his guitar.
- Pratt says he loves to run in the Hampshire countryside with his family’s odd crowd of dogs accompanying him.
- Well endorsed by colleagues for his knowledge on contemporary arts, museums and art exhibitions, Jonathan is considered as one of the best in business.
- This Chairman and Managing Director of Bellmans Auctioneers has come a long way since beginning his career as a furniture porter.
- He loves to drive around the South of London and visit various homes; he calls it the “voyage of discovery.”
- Jonathan Pratt Qualifications : FGA FRICS, Managing Director, Jewellery Specialist & Auctioneer
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Jonathan is married with four children and three dogs as part of his family.
- He completed his B.A honors in Fine Art Valuation from Southampton Institute of Higher Education.
- He has been a Fellow of The Gemmological Association of Great Britain (1998-2000)
- He is also a Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors FRICS.
Business, Net Worth, Salary & Career: :
- Jonathan puts in a regular appearance on BBC’s numerous shows like Bargain Hunt, Antiques Road Trip and Flog It.
- Other than his appearance on BBC shows, Jonathan is also credited with being part of one episode of the TV show “Adventures of Suzy Boon” (2014), where he played a role in the episode titled “Annoyed Tourist” and was a part of another short musical called “A Very Meta Musical” (2011).
- He is currently heading Bellmans Auctioneers and is the Managing Director (2005 to present).
- Prior to joining Bellmans he was the Regional Valuer for the South Division at Sotheby’s for a little more than three years (January 2002 to April 2005).
- He worked as a valuer for Dreweatt Neate from 1999 to 2001.
- He began his professional career as a furniture porter with Phillips Auctioneers from 1996 to 1998.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Jonathan is a real-life superhero of a little boy who he saved by taking to the hospital in a blizzard in 2010. The boy, Callum’s mother, was shocked when she recognised the mystery Good Samaritan as the antiques expert from the BBC show Bargain Hunt. She was a regular viewer of the show. The boy later gave him a handmade thank you card.
- He also appeared naked for an awareness campaign for testicular cancer in 2010.
- According to his bio on BBC, one of his most memorable moments was when he stopped a client from throwing a carpet in a skip and later sold the same carpet for £8,500.
- He claims he loves the role of an auctioneer and enjoys the show-off and fun which is a part of the role.
- Even though he wanted to be a vet as a young boy he was swayed by Lovejoy which began in the year 1986 and he finds himself in the present career.
- He says he would probably be a ski instructor of a vet if not associated with the world of antiques.