Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
- Richard Madeley is a UK based well-known TV presenter and author. He is most notable for his continuous work alongside second wife Judy Finnegan. The duo has been presenting lifestyle & news programmes together for 20+ years.
Education, Family & Personal Life :
- Madeley was born in Romford, Greater London on 13th May 1956
- His full name is Richard Holt Madeley.
- His parents – mother Mary and father Christopher, initially enrolled him in the Coopers Company School in Bow, but at the age of 14 he transferred to Shenfield High School in Brentwood to continue his schooling.
Richard Madeley Affair, Marriage & Children :
- Richard’s first marriage was to Linda Hooley at the young age of 21, and he has affirmed that the marriage was a mistake.
- He has gone on record as having had 10 affairs during the marriage, and he attributes those to the grief of his father who unfortunately passed away just 9 days after the wedding.
- He met his second and current wife, Judy Finnegan, in 1982 while they were both working on separate programs for Granada TV. Eventually, she was assigned to him as an assistant and from there they entered a relationship.
- They have two children – Son Jack Madeley (born in 1986) & daughter Chloe Madeley (born in 1987).
- Chloe Madeley has followed her parents into the media industry, having already worked as a TV presenter and a model. She is most notable for appearing on the 2011 season of Dancing on Ice in which she was placed 3rd.
Richard Madeley Net Worth & Solo Television Career: :
- Richard began his career working at a young age in local newspapers. By the age of 19, he had landed his first role as a news producer and presenter.
- He is known for presenting the following shows – ‘Lookaround’ Border Television,’ ‘Grenada Reports’ on Grenada TV & ‘Calendar’ on Yorkshire TV
- He has been known to be quite lively and outspoken surrounding current topics on his Twitter under the handle of @richardm56. As of 2020, he has 250,000+ followers.
Working with wife Judy :
- Richard’s first role working with wife Judy came on the programme ‘This Morning’ for ITV, which ran with the two from October 1988 to July 2001. The pair returned in October 2013 to mark the shows 25th year of airing.
- From there they moved to host the evening programme ‘Richard & Judy’ which ran for seven years. It was this programme that allowed them to introduce their now well-known book and wine clubs.
- They hosted the programme ‘Richard and Judy’s New Position from October 2008 until May 2009, for new UKTV channel at the time Watch.
Books & Work Outside TV :
- He has written 3 non-fiction novels: Someday I’ll Find You, The Way You Look Tonight and The Night Book
- In 2002, he co-wrote Richard & Judy: The Autobiography along with his wife.
- In 2008, he wrote Fathers & Sons. This piece of work charts his family history.