Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Emily Angwin is an Australian reporter and presenter for Seven News, Melbourne.
- She regularly covers the Spring Racing event in Melbourne and also the Australian Open. Besides presenting general news, Angwin is also the fill-in weather presenter on Seven News.
- Angwin attended RMIT University graduating with a degree in Bachelor of Communications (Media).
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Emily started her broadcast career at 3WA and then as an assistant producer with NOVA on the Hughesy & Kate’s Breakfast Show.
- She then became a radio newsreader and reporter for Macquarie Radio Network and 1116 SEN Pacific Star Network. Angwin says her experience in radio was priceless because it taught her how to deal with deadlines. She also made many contacts with other journalists and crew, something which is crucial in the industry.
- Her contacts in 3AW landed her the presenter role with Carlton Football Club. The football club was looking for more female representation, and Angwin fitted the bill. She also found out by accident that her maternal great-great-great-grandfather, Orlando ‘Lanty’ O’Brien was one of the first players for Carlton.
- After 2.5 years with Carlton, Angwin moved to become a journalist with Seven Network. Her mentor, Tim Watson, put a good word for her, and after she submitted a demo of her doing a few pieces around Melbourne, she was hired for the role.
- She won the 2015 Quill Award for Best Breaking News Coverage for the Wyndham Vale lake tragedy, which she shared with her colleague Jacqui Felgate.
Contribution & Charity Work :
- Angwin believes in giving back to society & has volunteered at The Royal Children’s Hospital as the Good Friday Appeal Presenter and for Breast Cancer Network Australia. She also volunteers at the Very Special Kids charity. Children’s causes are close to her heart, and her social media feed will feature her support.
Memorable Moments & Interesting Facts :
- Angwin also has a great sense of humour, posting on Twitter moments where she tripped while rehearsing and professing her love for alcohol.
- She has a cocker spaniel named Badger. On her Twitter feed, she mentions ‘her dad, dogs and the beach’ are her most favourite things.
- When asked about the most memorable moments in her career, Angwin quoted covering the Rio Paralympics as one. The other was when the owner of the Grenda bus company sold his business and decided to give his employees a percentage of the profit. Angwin remembered employees breaking into tears because they woke up to find tens of thousands of dollars of bonuses in their bank accounts. Angwin said it was a tremendous act of generosity.
- A video of her swinging her arms & toppling over went viral and was viewed over 50,000 times on her Facebook account.