Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
Melina Sarris is a determined and hard-working journalist at Seven News in Melbourne, Australia.
Education & Early Career :
- At school, Melina was good at English and performing but not very good at mathematics. So, she was more drawn to writing and performing. Working in the broadcasting sector would have provided her with a job that matches her skill set.
- In her last year of college in 2009, Melina got an internship at Channel Nine for the show A Current Affair. She worked on this every Friday for six months.
- After her internship, Sarris stuck around and worked her way into the newsroom. She did so by doing the tasks that nobody wanted to do, such as shot listing disks brought by cameramen. She also helped out the journalists any chance she got.
- Extremely determined and driven, she would stick the rejection letters she got on her fridge at home as a source of motivation. The rejection letters served as a sign that she was even closer to getting an acceptance letter!
- Post completing her education, Sarris has tried many different sub-fields in journalism and broadcasting. She has worked at a newspaper, did freelance work for the Herald Sun, read news for SYN Media, and worked for the Melbourne based radio station 3AW.
Life as a Journalist : Salary & Net Worth
- Melina claims that the most challenging part of being a journalist is doing death knocks & having to interview the deceased person’s family right after they have died. It is immensely difficult to speak with people experiencing one of the worst days in their lives.
- The most rewarding part of her job is helping people tell their stories. She believes that everyone has a story to tell & they may not be able to tell these stories, so as a journalist, she helps them find their voice and assist people who find it hard to talk.
- As a journalist, Melina’s work hours are really long. She frequently works 12 to 13 hours per day throughout the week & finds it challenging to achieve a good work-life balance.
- A big part of her job is to de-brief with her colleagues. As a journalist, she encounters a great deal of tragedy, grief, and terrible accidents, which would be difficult for an average person to handle. So, talking to her colleagues is a helpful way to de-stress.
Trivia & Interesting Facts :
- In March 2019, Melina got married at The Botanic Gardens Melbourne. Her husband’s name is Jonathan Iaquinto.
- Not being stuck in an office and not knowing what will come about during her workday gives her a satisfying adrenaline rush.
- For most of her twenties, Melina worked hard to move up on the career ladder. She moved to Albury and missed out on living in Melbourne.
- She has a natural sense of curiosity and wants to be the first person who tells people about the news.
- She has a cat named Hazel.
- In July 2020, Melina lost her grandfather to Coronavirus.
Body Info / Physical Features
Melina Sarris Measurements :
- Eye Colour : Brown
- Hair Colour : Brown
- How tall is Melina Sarris Height : No confirmed information available.
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Melina Sarris Married ?:Yes
- Children / Baby / No. of Kids : —
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : Australian