|Personal Information Summary
|Birth date / Date of Birth / Angela Cox Age
|She celebrates her birthday on January 2nd each year.
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Boyfriend
|Currently dating. Check the full bio for relationship details.
|Who is Angela Cox?
|She is best known as the correspondent for 7 News.
|Children / No. of Kids
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race
Angela Cox is an Australian reporter & journalist, mostly known for her stint as the Channel 7 US correspondent.
Family Details : Parents, Mother & Siblings
- Angela was born in South East Queensland in a ‘beach-loving family’.
- She is one half of a set of twins, although she is not identical to her twin sister Nikki Cox.
- Her sister Nikki is an artist, and Angela regularly promotes her sister’s work through her social media, particularly dream catchers that she makes by hand.
Relationship Details :
- Since 2018, Angela has been in a long-distance relationship with her boyfriend, a man named Philip Griffiths.
- The Channel 7 news reporter was introduced to her now-boyfriend through her best friend.
- Before their relationship prospered, the couple would cross paths while Angela was doing stories for the now-cancelled Channel Seven show, Sunday Night. They soon realised there was something between them.
- Griffiths was Angela’s best friend’s best friend, and while she was doing crazy and exciting stories around the world, he would often fly and meet her. Angela mentions that they have quite an adventurous relationship!
Education and Career in the USA :
- After taking an interest in her school newspaper, Angela landed an internship with Gold Coast Channel 7 which led to her receiving a reporter role after the internship ended.
- In early 2010, Angela was offered the role of a US Correspondent for Channel 7.
- She has stated that she was in awe of receiving that role and was unsure if she was ready for it but still jumped at the chance.
- She was based in LA & her work involved her covering the Emmy’s, interviewing Hollywood stars and commentating on the Presidential elections.
- After her move there, she admitted that she was horrified by the amount of gun violence that the country has.
- She stated that it played on her mind at times, and she was mindful in certain interviews as she had a genuine fear of being shot.
- After catching the eye of other networks over there, she stayed loyal to Channel 7 as they had given her a big break at the beginning of her career.
Return to Australia : TV Career and Salary
- On three occasions during her US-based role, Angela was asked to return to Australia to cover the role of the permanent hosts when they were not available.
- It was announced in January of 2016 that the network had offered her a role that would see her return to Australian shores.
- Channel 7 was in the process of giving their network a facelift to appeal to wider audiences, & they planned to make Angela their leading star.
- She was given the role of co-host for the Weekend Sunrise program & replaced Monique Wright, who was leaving for maternity leave.
- Critics met her work with great praise, and in September of 2016, she was given the hosting role that was normally filled by Talitha Cummins during the week.
- At that time, Cummins was on maternity leave when Channel 7 advised that she had no role to return to.
- Cummins took the issue to Fair Work Australia & sued for discrimination due to pregnancy. She later settled with the network and has publicly stated that she holds the network responsible but has no ill feelings towards Angela.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Cox had covered the wedding of Prince William and his wife Catherine ‘Kate’ Middleton, standing right under the Buckingham Palace balcony, when the two kissed.
- She has received a fair bit of weird fan-mail on her social media. One of her followers messaged her saying “I’ll give your father seven goats for your hand in marriage!“
- In an April 2020 tweet, Angela revealed that she doesn’t own a car and rents a flat instead of owning one. She also prefers to walk or use public transport to head to her workplace.
- Angela’s Twitter (now called X) account, @angelacoz7news, has 10000+ supporters. She is slightly more popular on Instagram with 20,000+ fans.
- Four-time Grammy Award winner Lenny Kravitz once did a flirtatious interview with Angela! He offered her some white wine to get “loose” and insisted he would pay for a first-class ticket for her from Los Angeles to Australia as Angela was scheduled to leave five hours after the interview was done.