Angela Cox is an Australian reporter & journalist, mostly known for her stint as the Channel 7 US correspondent.
Family Details : Mother & Siblings
- Angela was born in South East Queensland in a ‘beach-loving family.
- She is one half of a set of twins, although she is not identical to her twin sister Nikki Cox.
- Her sister Nikki is an artist, and Angela regularly promotes her sisters work through her social media, particularly dream catchers that she makes by hand.
Education & Career in the USA :
- After taking an interest in her school newspaper, Angela landed an internship with Gold Coast Channel 7 which led to her receiving a reporter role after the internship ended.
- In early 2010, Angela was offered the role of a US Correspondent for Channel 7.
- She has stated that she was in awe of receiving that role and was unsure if she was ready for it but still jumped at the chance.
- She was based in LA & her work involved her covering the Emmy’s, interviewing Hollywood stars and commentating on the Presidential elections.
- After her move there, she admitted that she was horrified by the amount of gun violence that the country has.
- She stated that it played on her mind at times, and she was mindful in certain interviews as she had a genuine fear of being shot.
- After catching the eye of other networks over there, she stayed loyal to Channel 7 as they had given her a big break at the beginning of her career.
Return to Australia : TV Career & Salary
- On three occasions during her US-based role, Angela was asked to return to Australia to cover the role of the permanent hosts when they were not available.
- It was announced in January of 2016 that the network had offered her a role that would see her return to Australian shores.
- Channel 7 was in the process of giving their network a facelift to appeal to wider audiences, & they planned to make Angela their leading star.
- She was given the role of co-host for the Weekend Sunrise program & replaced Monique Wright, who was leaving for maternity leave.
- Critics met her work with great praise, and in September of 2016, she was given the hosting role that was normally filled by Talitha Cummins during the week.
- At that time, Cummins was on maternity leave when Channel 7 advised that she had no role to return to.
- Cummins took the issue to Fair Work Australia & sued for discrimination due to pregnancy. She later settled with the network and has publicly stated that she holds the network responsible but has no ill feelings towards Angela.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Cox had covered the wedding of Prince William and his wife Catherine ‘Kate’ Middleton, standing right under the Buckingham Palace balcony, when the two kissed.
- She has received a fair bit of weird fan-mail on her social media. One of her followers messaged her saying “I’ll give your father 7 goats for your hand in marriage!“
- In an April 2020 tweet, Angela revealed that she doesn’t own a car and rents a flat instead of owning one. She also prefers to walk or use public transport for heading to her workplace.
- Angela’s Twitter account, @angelacoz7news, has 10000+ supporters. She is slightly more popular on Instagram with 20,000+ fans.
- Four-time Grammy Award winner Lenny Kravitz once did a flirtatious interview with Angela, offering her some white wine to get “loose” and insisting he will pay a first-class ticket for her from Los Angeles to Australia, as Angela was scheduled to leave five hours after the interview was done.