Amie Yancey is a Canadian-American interior designer, realtor, and reality television star. She is most commonly known for her starring role in the A&E series, Flipping Vegas.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Amie Yancey (maiden name Amy Tollestrup) was born on August 30, 1967, in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
- Over the years, she grew up on a ranch stabling horses and riding dirt bikes. Over the years, Amie has owned eight motorcycles.
- She is one of ten children (including four of whom are adopted) to parents, Stephen and Carol. Sadly, both of her parents and two of her brothers are deceased.
- After meeting at college in the 1980s, Amie married real estate investor, businessman and fellow reality television star, Scott Yancey, on January 26, 2000.
- Although the couple have no kids together, Amie has a daughter named Sarah from a previous relationship.
- On October 16, 2018, Sarah and her husband, Mitch, welcomed their own baby girl into the world, making Amie a grandmother.
- Despite having no kids at home, the Yanceys have plenty to look after – Now living in Las Vegas, Nevada, they have three dogs named Tallulah, Flip, and Zuma; two horses named Heinke and Tieme; two mini pigs named Bacon bits and Lucy, and a mini donkey.
Early Life & Education :
- Obviously a huge animal lover, Amie attributes this passion to growing up on a ranch in Canada with sheep, cows, pigs, goats, ducks, turkey, chicken, horses, cats, and dogs.
- In a sense, Amie was exposed to construction and “flipping” at an early age. Her grandpa, Glenn, started Tollestrup Construction Company in 1940 with the sole purpose of excavating basements in the Lethbridge area.
- Now, over 80 years later, the company has expanded its purpose but is in its third generation of family ownership; it was passed down to Amie’s dad, and is now run by her brother James.
- Amie also showed early signs of life on television. At Lethbridge Collegiate Institute, she took drama and starred in the school’s production titled Porch.
Business Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- In 2013, Amie and Scott started Goliath Company – a real estate brokerage specializing in buying and selling properties, land development, and income property analysis.
- Amie’s role in the firm is as a realtor and interior designer & she is involved in many facets of the company’s offerings.
- From 2011-2014, Amie starred alongside Scott on the A&E production, “Flipping Vegas”. Together, they bought run-down houses, flipped them, and resold them for a profit – with Amie serving as the interior designer.
- The idea for the show was born when Scott told some friends that he once had to pull out his gun to defend himself against homeless men wielding needles in a house he had purchased. The friends, who were from Hollywood, told him he needed to have his own show.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- Known as a daredevil with love for speed, Amie’s favorite hobbies include dirt biking, horseback riding, cave diving, and drag racing in her Porsche. At one time, she owned eight motorcycles and has even been known to flip dune buggies.
- The Tollestrup name is well-known in Alberta. They were responsible for opening the first Wendy’s fast-food chain in the province.
Social Media Presence :
- In a Twitter post, Amie was seen visiting a nomadic tribe in Africa, meeting Massai kids and learning their culture. She is seen wearing traditional, Masai cultural attire.
- Amie once shared a picture with boxing legend Mike Tyson with a funny caption that she still has two ears even after meeting the legend.
- She loves her dogs and often seen posting pictures with them on social media accounts.
Amie Yancey Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Amie Yancey Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : 9
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 1
- Amie Yancey Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American