The blonde & tattooed Jaime Dempsey is the co-founder of a motorcycle gear and apparel fashion brand aimed towards women. She is also the host for a travel television series ‘Ride n’ Seek’.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Jaime’s hometown is the coastal city of Redondo Beach, located in Los Angeles County, California.
- Her family moved to the United Kingdom, more specifically to England & Jaime studied at the American Community High School, located in Cobham, Surrey.
- She then attended LA Trade Technical College and received her certificate in ‘Fashion Merchandising.’
- She has also secured a ‘Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)’ degree, majoring in Photography, from the University of Philadelphia.
- Jaime is married to Matthew Dempsey, a jujitsu trainer. She loves cooking & loves the challenge as her husband is a vegan!
Business, Salary & Net worth :
- Post her university studies, Jaime began to achieve industry experience as a ‘Freelance Wardrobe Stylist’ where she worked with art directors, showrooms, and designers to develop aesthetically pleasing and eye-catching editorials.
- She expanded on her love and passion for fashion by working in urban sportswear clothing & apparel brands such as Volcom (Swim Product Manager) and 2*Space Swimwear (Development Manager).
- Along with motorcycle friends and enthusiasts Anya Violet and Corinne Lan Franco, Jaime co-founded Atwyld, a motorbike gear, accessory, and apparel brand aimed towards women.
Ride n Seek : Work as an Anchor
- In 2012, Dempsey was handed the fantastic opportunity of becoming the host of a TV series called ‘Ride n’ Seek’, a travel documentary show on History Asia. The show revolves around Jaime riding different and exciting motorbikes across South East Asia while highlighting culture, locals, food, and any adventures in between.
- Jaime was particularly lucky in regards to how she landed this role. Her brother at the time was working for the A+E Asia Network.
- The producers had initially filmed the pilot episode of ‘Ride n’ Seek,’ but the casting director was not particularly happy with the host’s performance.
- Jaime’s brother managed to get her an audition. Even though she had no prior TV or acting experience, her presence, charisma, outgoing personality & genuine passion for riding motorcycles landed her the role.
Trivia : Tattoo Story, Height & Facts
- While bartending in Philadelphia, Dempsey asked one of her colleagues to teach her how to ride a motorcycle. After this, she took the MSF course and bought her own motorbike straight away. As she puts it, ‘I fell in love with the thrill of being scared and excited at the same time.’
- One of her favorite experiences on ‘Ride n’ Seek’ was when she was tasked to ride to a remote village to meet an old woman in the Philippines. The road itself was hazardous, with twisty roads and huge cliff drop-offs with absolutely no barriers.
- The woman she needed to meet was called Fang-Od. At age 96, she is the last remaining traditional tattoo artist from her culture. She tells you what tattoo you get and ‘deserve.’ In Jaime’s case, she told her she would tattoo a centipede on her collarbone, representing strength and speed.
- The tattoo was made in the traditional sense, with a thorn from a lime tree, charcoal, and a bamboo stick.