Suzi Slay is an American philanthropist, business owner, and former reality television star. She is most commonly known for her time on the home renovation show, Texas Flip N Move (TFNM) of which she was a cast member for the first three seasons.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Suzi Christine Slay (maiden name Suzi Taff) was born on February 26, 1986, in Fort Worth, Texas. Her parents, Norman and Cindi, still live in the Fort Worth area, as does her older sister, Staci.
- Her parents are regulars at car shows and are especially drawn to classic muscle cars. Her dad owns a ’65 Impala SS and once owned a silver ’71 El Camino.
- Creativity runs in the Slay family – Her mom once owned a business called Crosses From My Heart that featured handmade and decorated crosses.
- Her sister owns a store called Junk’n Queen that sells upcycled furniture and home decor.
Married Life & Children :
- On April 25, 2009, Suzi married her long-time partner, Cody Slay.
- The couple started dating when Suzi was 13 years old and now have two kids together: son Hayden, 14; and daughter Sissy, 8 (ages as of 2021).
- The family lives just outside of the Fort Worth area in the small community of Rendon.
- Using their renovating/decorating skills, the couple have transformed their backyard into a dream playground, complete with a doll house, swing set, dome climber and trampoline.
Business Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Suzi and Cody were part of the original cast for TFNM, which began airing in 2014.
- They were known as the “Young Guns” and quickly became fan favorites before abruptly leaving the show four episodes into the third season. In a Twitter post, Cody cited their reason for leaving as “creative differences,” but no further details were ever released.
- Since leaving the show, she has kept busy as co-owner (with her husband) of the Texas Wild Hog Saloon in Fort Worth. Described as a “true blue gathering place” by one guest, it is known for its free pool, cold beer, friendly bartenders, and great jukebox.
- Although the account has been long dormant, a LinkedIn profile shows that Suzi once managed a Palm Beach Tan salon.
Philanthropy & Contribution :
- For several years, Suzi has been heavily involved with the Brooke’s Blossoming Hope for Childhood Cancer Foundation.
- Brooke – a close friend’s young daughter – tragically passed away in 2015, but Suzi continues doing work for the foundation by organizing events and even donating the proceeds from an auctioned house on TFNM to the foundation.
- Her son, husband, and mother-in-law also get involved by running in the annual Brooke Hester Hustle charity race.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- An avid sports fan, Suzi regularly attends Texas Rangers baseball games and Texas Christian University sporting events. Athletic ability runs inside the family too; son Hayden is involved in baseball, basketball, football, and karate; husband Cody is into extreme sports; Suzi snowboards and golfs.
- After their sudden departure from TFNM, fans started a petition to bring the couple back on the show; to date, it has over 2000 signatures.
Suzi Slay Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- Height : No confirmed information is available.
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Suzi Slay Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
- Married ? : Yes
- Suzi Slay Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American