Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Kylie Capps is an American meteorologist and weather anchor who has worked at multiple networks across the country.
- Capps is best known for her current collaboration with Fox 4, where she serves as the weekend-morning meteorologist.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Capps was born and raised in Flower Mound, Texas, and has always dreamed of becoming a meteorologist. She was always fascinated with this field and actually told her parents she would become a meteorologist when she was only 8 years old!
- As a child, Kylie would always make sure that her parents and her family knew the weather safety plans, even if the forecast would only predict a mild rain.
- Claiming that ‘Texas is her home’ and ‘Dallas is her dream,’ Kylie now gets to spend the majority of her time in her favorite place together with her family and beloved dog.
- Kylie is married to her husband, Chris Shurtleff. The two got married on August 21, 2021, at the Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Dallas, TX.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- In May 2017, Kylie earned a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Meteorology from the University of Oklahoma. There she began to broadcast for the first time as a nightly weather anchor while she interned at News9.
- Her minors at University of Oklahoma were Broadcast Meteorology and Mathematics.
- While studying, Capps was also the weather anchor for their own student-produced newscast ‘OU Nightly.’
- Kylie’s university years were filled with awards. She has won the Distinguished Scholars Award, The President’s Community Scholar Award and the School of Meteorology Dean’s Honor Roll.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- With her degree in meteorology and a passion for the weather, Kylie Capps started working for KXXV-TV, an ABC affiliate in Waco, as a weekend-morning meteorologist. She was well appreciated at her job, and her colleagues demonstrated that by offering her a surprise gift when she decided to part ways with them in 2018. While working there, she also won a prestigious Edward R. Murrow Award.
- Post that, Capps has also collaborated with KOTV-TV News on 6, located in Tulsa.
- In November 2018, following her work in Waco, Kylie got her next opportunity at KDFW/Channel 4, where she is on-air for Good Day Saturday from 7 am to 9 am and for Good Day Sunday from 6 am to 8 am. She replaced Jennifer Myers, who worked there for six years.
- Besides her work on television, Kylie has also recorded voice overs and commercials for Radio Disney stations across the United States.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- When Kylie was young, she was so in love with meteorology that she would watch the weather forecasts during severe phenomena on TV with a weather radio in her hand just in case she lost power.
- Together with her university team, she won a student Emmy award for the best newscast.
- Kylie once had the chance to cover the Hurricane Harvey stories, as it hit the coast of Texas only two months after starting her job in Waco.
- Kylie is also into sports as she loves running and watching college football.
- Her favorite football team is Oklahoma Sooners.
- She is also crazily in love with her dog named Dakota, who made a social media star.
Body Info / Physical Features
Kylie Capps Measurements :
- Eye Color : Hazel
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall is Kylie Capps Height : 5’ 10”
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : 9
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Caucasian
- Nationality : American