|Personal Details Summary|
|Lisa Cornwell Sister||Tracy Cornwell|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||As of 2022, she is around 47 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Lisa Cornwell Marrird||Currently not Married.|
|What is Lisa Cornwell doing now?||Crnwell recently joined Progressive Golf Management As an independent contractor.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Lisa Cornwell was an anchor on Golf Central, which is the Golf Channel’s flagship news program since January 2014 until mid-2020 (around 7 years). She used to share this position with Kelly Tilghman, George Savaricas, and Ryan Burr.
- Cornwell had her sights set on a professional golfing career, but when her passion for playing the game started to die off, she contemplated studying law. She ultimately decided against this, moving into a sales career instead. Still not enjoying her work, she eventually fell in love with the media & broadcasting.
Personal Life, Parents & Family :
- Lisa was born in Fayetteville, Arkansas. She has one sister.
- She started playing golf at 5 years of age, soon after she received a Gary Player set of clubs.
- She now lives in Orlando, Florida, moving there to begin her career on Golf Central.
- Lisa is a big Arkansas Razorbacks fan, taking a personal interest in them when she gets a chance to follow their progress.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Lisa began her college life at the Southern Methodist University in Dallas before transferring to the University of Arkansas as a scholarship student.
- She was one of the first scholarship students in the University of Arkansas program, leading the way for other students in the future.
Golfing Career :
- Cornwell was an All-American junior golfer three times.
- She was the Arkansas Women’s State Amateur Champion four times. The first time she was the Arkansas champion, she was only 14 years old, which was a record for the youngest champion ever.
- Lisa was awarded the ‘1992 Arkansas Female Athlete of the Year’ award.
- During her time playing golf competitively, she won more than 30 US tournaments.
- Lisa was hoping to turn golf into a professional career after college but burned out and headed into media instead.
Media Work, Salary & Net worth :
- In 2011, Lisa both founded and hosted a College Football show called, “SEC Press Pass.”
- She began her professional media career on local networks reporting for NBC, ABC, and CBS affiliate stations. She worked as a studio host, reporter, and play-by-play announcer before transferring to the Big Ten Network.
- In 2014, she made her way to the Golf Channel, where she was one of four anchors for the Golf Central show.
- After her contract with Golf Channel ended in 2020, Lisa has alleged with multiple tweets that she both experienced and observed mistreatment and discrimination during her stint with the network. Cornwell complained to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and mentioned that she was unfairly treated by male bosses, often sidelined for standing up for other colleagues, and kicked out because of her stance.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Lisa’s father is the cousin of the 42nd President of The United States, Bill Clinton. The two have even played golf together occasionally. In fact, Lisa missed the first week of classes at the University of Arkansas to attend the inauguration ceremony of Bill Clinton.
- Besides gold, Lisa has also played basketball and was selected for all-conference and all-state competitions.
- When she was younger, Nick Faldo was Lisa’s idol. She eventually got to meet him through her job on the Golf Channel.
- Lisa says her golfing career peaked between the ages of 15-17, after which her lack of passion for playing the game affected her results.
Body Info / Physical Features
Lisa Cornwell Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : N/A
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.