Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Called the resident travel insider for Golf Channel, Matt Ginella is their constant. Be it covering the best destinations for golf or filing feature stories related to sports, Matt is always on top of his game.
- Matt also offers tips and suggestions to his readers and viewers for golf travel, be it in the US or around the world.
- Highly endorsed for his skills in editing, storytelling, and social media skills, Matt is at the top of his game when it comes to golf reporting.
Family & Married Life :
- Matt is married to the beautiful and talented Katie Sundseth since October 15, 2016, and the couple have a beautiful baby boy born in 2017 named Brandon.
- Katie herself is a celebrity in her own right, having been a model and an on-air host and reporter for a network called Back9Network. She is reportedly also quite an avid golfer.
- The beautiful couple chronicled their spectacular journey as a pair all the way to their marriage on a show for TLC channel called “Say Yes to the Dress.”
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Matt has procured a B.A in Communications from Saint Mary’s College of California (1991-1995).
- He also has a Master of Arts in Journalism from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism (2001 to 2003).
Job, Salary, Career Timeline & Net worth :
- Having an illustrious career, Matt began his professional life with Sports Illustrated as a Picture Editor – Golf, Horse Racing, Baseball, Pro and College Football from June 1995 to September 2001.
- He then changed his job in October 2001 and started working for Golf Digest in the capacity of Director of Photography where he coordinated and produced photo shoots.
- He moved up in ranks to become Senior Travel Editor writing monthly travel stories, ambush buddies trips all the while coordinating and executing social strategies for Golf Digest (July 2007 to Present)
- Somewhere around January 2013, he also began contributing as Travel Insider for Golf Channel and has also been covering courses, resorts for the show Morning Drive.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Matt chose the most exquisite Big Cedar Lodge as his wedding venue after covering it during one of his travels with the Golf Channel in 2015 when he reported from there.
- The couple said their vows which were handwritten by them at the Chapel of the Ozarks, a stone building overlooking the Table Rock Lake and the bride walked down the aisle to the song “Let it Be.”
- Matt’s wife Katie has an elder daughter Kaili born in the year 2004.
- Matt is active on Twitter and Instagram and often writes on his blog at GolfAdvisor.