Tim Rosaforte is a senior writer for the Golf World Magazine. He is also a contributor and analyst for the Golf Channel and the author of five books.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Tim Rosaforte was born on October 25, 1955, in Mount Kisco, New York.
- Tim is married to Genevieve Stewart Rosaforte. Together they have two daughters, Molly Gibson Rosaforte and Genevieve ‘Genna’ Low Bezek.
- He has a grandson called Graham and a nephew called Grayson, who is also following in the family’s footsteps and pursuing golf.
- After growing up in Brewster, New York, Tim currently resides in Jupiter, Florida.
- The son of a mechanic, Tom started taking golf lessons at the age of six.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Following a very successful athletic career in high school, Tim started attending the University of Bridgeport (UB), a leading university in Connecticut.
- He then transferred to the University of Rhode Island, where he completed his degree in Journalism in 1977.
- While at the University of Rhode Island, he made the dean’s list twice and also had a spot as a linebacker on the football team.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- Tim started working for the Tampa Times in 1977, followed by stints at the Sun-Sentinel from 1981 to 1987, The Palm Beach Post from 1987 to 1993, and Sports Illustrated from 1994 to 1996.
- He then joined the team at Golf Digest / Golf World, where he has been since 1996.
- He has also been working as a contributor for the Golf Channel since 2007, as well as being an analyst for NBC during the PGA tours.
- Tim has written five bestselling books: The PGA Tour (1990), Heartbreak Hill: Anatomy of a Ryder Cup (1996), Tiger Woods: The Making of a Champion (1997), Raising the Bar: The Championship Years of Tiger Woods (2000), and he co-authored the 1998 World Golf Hall of Fame Yearbook with Jaime Diaz.
- Since the 1980s, he has been involved with corresponding on over 140 professional championships and over 15 Ryder Cups, which makes him a true expert in the field.
- He has been an analyst for USA Network, SportsCenter, and even the Today Show. He has written for Golf Illustrated and Links Magazine.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- Tim has received more than forty awards for writing during his extensive career, amongst them the PGA Lifetime Achievement Award in Journalism in 2014 and the Lincoln Werden Golf Journalism Award in 2016.
- He is one of a rare breed of journalists who are able to successfully work in both television and print at the same time.
- Rosaforte has served as the president of the Golf Writers Association of America.
- Tim credits the University of Rhode Island (URI) professor Wilbur Doctor with guiding his career into writing and journalism.
- Tim plays golf as a way of enhancing his writing and adding layers of knowledge to it.
- He is also respected as a true sports insider, and has the ear of the sport’s most popular figures.
Health Update :
- Tim Rosaforte Illness / Sick : He has no major illness or sickness to date and seems to be in good health.
- Tim Rosaforte Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.