Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- An influential personality on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, Ryan Saavedra is an American journalist and writer for The Daily Wire. An article about him states that “he is frequently one of the top five most trafficked political news creators on Facebook, according to data gathered by NewsWhip Analytics.
- But it is said that Twitter, is where Ryan arguably has a bigger impact. He is called a prolific propagandist. He is best known for viral tweets and articles that consist of aggregated video or news content reframed in a dramatic or hyper-partisan way. He is considered as one of the most-trafficked political writers on social media, with his Daily Wire articles bringing in tens of millions of views each month. Articles were written about him quote that, so powerful is his influence on social media that it spills over into the TV news channels like Fox News beyond social media. His clips and posts end up sparking debates on television that transform into a weeklong outrage cycle.
Work and Experience :
- In early 2017, he wrote for the far-right website The Gateway Pundit. He followed that job by becoming editor and writer for Breitbart News.
- While at Breitbart News, he focused primarily on stories about crimes being committed by Latino immigrants.
- He also promoted conspiracy theories surrounding the murder of Seth Rich.
- It is interesting to note that in the months that followed his exit from Breitbart News, Saavedra began freelancing for two of the most popular conservative websites: the Daily Caller, a news site co-founded by Fox News host Tucker Carlson, and Shapiro’s Daily Wire. He is currently associated with the Daily Wire.
Personal Life & Birthday :
- Ryan Saavedra celebrates his birthday on April 27th. Currently, not much data exists online about Ryan’s family or his relationship status.
- No details are available about his education.
- Reports suggest that his departure from Breitbart News was because of the manner in which he responded to a terrorist attack by calling for new crusades in the Middle East immediately after it occurred.
- He was also called out for plagiarism. Though that didn’t rattle Ben Shapiro from hiring Ryan for The Daily Wire.
- Though many have approached Shapiro with complaints that Ryan was found lifting popular content from social media, sometimes not even citing sources, Daily Wire investigated those charges and found nothing incriminating him for plagiarism.
Interesting Facts :
- Ryan would slightly edit content and share the same article with both the media he freelanced with simultaneously. Which went against one of the media agencies – the Daily Caller’s non-compete policy. They held him in violation of their policies and discontinued his services.