Biodata Profile / Biography / Wiki Information
Alexia Barroso is the stepdaughter of Hollywood actor Matt Damon. Her biological father is Arbello Barroso, also known as Arby.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Alexia was born in the year 1999. Her biological mother is Luciana Barroso (née Bozán) from Argentina, who is an interior designer by occupation. Her divorce from Arby was finalized in 2004.
- Alexia’s stepfather, Matt, met her mother at a bar in Miami while he was shooting for the comedy Stuck on You (2003). Luciana was a bartender at the bar then.
- Her parents were married on December 9, 2005, in New York’s City Hall. Luciana was three months pregnant with Isabella then. It was a quiet ceremony with family and close friends, of whom his 35-year buddy Ben Affleck was absent. Alexia was 7 then.
- Alexia’s parents had a vow renewal ceremony in 2013 in Saint Lucia. Late-night show host Jimmy Kimmel officiated the ceremony.
- She has three other sisters – Isabella Damon (born in 2006), Gia Zavala Damon (born in 2008), and Stella Damon (born in 2010).
- Her grandparents are Kent Damon and Nancy Carlsson-Paige. Kent was a stockbroker and tax preparer, while Nancy was a professor of early childhood education at Lesley University.
- Alexia and her sisters attend a private school in New York. There has been some outrage on this situation, particularly because Matt speaks passionately about public school systems, and his mother is a firm believer in public education.
Interesting Facts, Height & Looks :
- Alexia and her family lead very average lives in private. Additionally, her father tries to keep the paparazzi away from the family to maintain their privacy.
- Her parents are seldom away from each other for more than 2 weeks.
- In 2007, Alexia was seen learning how to paddle surf with Jennifer Garner in Hawaii.
- She obtained her driver’s license in 2015 but drove to school herself, supervised by her father a year before.
- She was also seen with her father at the American University in April 2017 to tour the campus.
- Alexia appeared in her father’s 2011 film – We Bought a Zoo as a zoo staff.
- Alexia plays soccer, and her father is often seen cheering for her in public.
- In 2013, a jellyfish stung her sister Stella while the family was on holiday with Chris Hemsworth at Byron Bay’s beach – The Pass.
- Her father brought her entire class to South Africa when she was ten years old. Matt was there for 7 weeks to shoot the movie Invictus but did not want to be away from his family for more than 2 weeks. He found a solution by suggesting that they do a study about Nelson Mandela while he funded their trip.