Chloe Rose Lattanzi is a singer and actress, who is best known as the only child of singer Olivia Newton John.
Early Life, Father & Family :
- Chloe was born on 17 January 1986 in Los Angeles, California.
- Parents : She is the daughter of the iconic Grease star Olivia Newton John & actor Matt Lattanzi.
- Her parents married in 1984, but divorced when she was nine years old, in 1995.
- Her maternal great-grandfather is Max Born, who won The Nobel Prize for his work with quantum physics.
Dating & Love Life : Chloe Lattanzi James Driskill
- As of 2017, Chloe is engaged to James Driskill and living in Oregon.
- Their relationship drew media attention first in 2011, after it was revealed that he proposed to Lattanzi while he was already married.
- He had reportedly not only not told her about being married, but it was rumoured that he was still living with his said wife at the time.
- After a brief break, the two reconciled but are yet to set a date for their wedding.
TV Career & Appearances :
- In 1993, Chloe appeared in an episode of “Paradise Beach,” an Australian soap-opera that her father starred in.
- She followed that up by appearing the TV movie “A Christmas Romance” in 1994.
- After spending a few years out of the spotlight at the request of her mother, she returned to television in 2001 to appear in Bette Midlers sitcom “Bette.”
Chloe Lattanzi Singing Career :
- Chloe wrote the song ‘Can I Trust Your Arms’ in 2005, which appeared in her mother’s album Stronger Than Before.
- In 2008, she appeared on the MTV show ‘Rock the Cradle,’ which was a competition that saw the children of famous performers competing against each other for singing opportunities. She placed 3rd in the overall series, and gained attention for being the only child to appear due to her mother’s fame, while all other contestants appeared due to their fathers fame.
- After the success of ‘Rock the Cradle,’ she set to work recording her own album.
- Her debut single ‘Wings and a Gun’ was released in Japan in October of 2010, but failed to chart in the US.
- She later released her own full album Pain in 2016 that received mixed reviews.
Body Image Controversy :
- Throughout her teenage and adult years Chloe has received heavy criticism for her overly skinny figure.
- She has admitted to suffering from body dysmorphia and anorexia throughout her life & said that at her worst she weighed just 37kg’s.
- Her mother has openly admitted that she blames herself for her daughter’s struggles, and has encouraged the world to take it easy on the children of celebrities, as it is not easy for them to be raised in constantspotlight.
- In 2015, Lattanzi admitted to undergoing multiple plastic surgery procedures and receiving fillers to undo some of the damage she did to her body with anorexia, but has said she regrets it and does not like the way it has left her looking.