A thin brunette with long hair and dark brown eyes, Lourdes Leon is a model who has been seen in a variety of photoshoots. She is also the daughter of world-famous singer Madonna.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Details :
- Lourdes was born on October 14, 1996, in Los Angeles, California, to Madonna and cuban actor, Carlos Leon.
- She grew up in the UK, and would return there often even after moving away.
- Now in her mid-twenties, Leon continues to model.
- She is fluent in French, Italian, Spanish, and English.
- Leon usually goes by Lola to disassociate herself from her mother’s fame.
Education Details :
Childhood Studies :
- Although Leon spent most of her childhood growing up in the UK, she enrolled in Lycée Français de New York (LFNY), a bilingual private school located in Manhattan, when her family moved back to the states.
- There, she took many of her classes in French.
- The school teaches from preschool to high school, but Leon only attended until the end of middle school.
High School :
- Lourdes always knew she wanted to be a part of the artistic world at a young age, even if she didn’t quite know what she wanted to do once she was.
- Because she lived in New York, where most students attend high schools based on where they got accepted instead of just what school was closest to them, Leon decided to attend the LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts.
- The school is notoriously difficult to get into and boasts an incredible list of alumni, including Jennifer Aniston, Robert De Niro, and Liza Minnelli.
- Although the public has not seen much of Leon’s artistry, it can be assumed through her selection that she has just as much talent as her mother.
- She graduated from the school in 2014.
- After graduation, Lourdes went on to attend the University of Michigan, the same college her mother attended.
- To be accepted into their School of Music, Theatre, and Dance, Lourdes had to send in a video audition of her singing a classical song, as well as a submit a script reading.
- She is just finishing up her final year and has yet to publicly begin a performance-based career outside of modeling.
Modeling Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- At age 19, Lourdes began her modeling career by signing a contract with the Stella McCartney fragrance Pop.
- Although she had plenty of opportunities to begin her career earlier, she refused, stating that she didn’t want to let cameras rule her life.
- At 19, she felt more prepared to be in the spotlight, and began appearing in ads and commercials for Pop.
- In 2017, at age 20, she picked up another modeling contract, this time for a collaborative streetwear line MadeMe x X-Girl.
- The company, a label with the slogan By Girls, for Girls wanted Leon for her love of streetwear fashion and for her “90s-minded style.