Bria Murphy is an American actress, best known as the daughter of comedian Eddie Murphy.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Bria was born on November 18, 1989, in Sacramento, California.
- She is the eldest child of parents – Actor Eddie Murphy (father) & Nicole Mitchell Murphy (mother).
- Siblings : Through her parents’ marriage, she has younger siblings Shayne Audra Murphy, Bella, Zola Murphy Murphy and Miles Murphy.
- Through her father, she also has other half-siblings – Christian, Eric, Izzy and Angel.
- Her parents divorced in 2005 after 17 years together. It was stated that the reason was irreconcilable differences due to his focus on his career, but it has been reported that he was cheating on his then-wife.
Eddie Murphy Affairs :
- Bria was first dragged into spotlight after her father denied paternity of Spice Girl Mel B’s child Angel Iris.
- It was later proven that she was indeed a child, and although Eddie Murphy has no relationship with the child, Bria’s mother encouraged her children to get to know Angel.
- She has said that during that time she was hounded by paparazzi, and that resulted in her seeking counseling.
- She once again received criticism in the media because of her father in 2015, after he began dating actress Paige Butchers who is only 10 years older than her. It was reported that Bria has referred to her as a gold-digger, but she denied this.
Bria Murphy Net Worth, Modeling Career and Social Media :
- Bria received modelling offers from a young age, but her father never allowed her to take them.
- At the age of 18, she began modelling for hair dye brand Dark & Lovely.
- She is known for posting racy lingerie and bikini modelling pictures on to her social media, often alongside younger sister Shayne.
- Her Twitter account @bria_murphy has over 25,000 followers, while her Instagram with the same handle has 250,000+ followers.
Bria Murphy Movies Career :
- In 2003, Bria received attention after her father used her childhood drawings in his box office hit “Daddy Daycare.” When asked about it in interviews, she said that rather than being flattered by it, she was embarrassed by it.
- From 2011 to 2015, she appeared in the TV shows Baby Daddy, Love That Girl, Mr. Box Office, The Game and Belles.
- Appeared in the movie The Start-Up in 2011, and then The Perfect Match in 2016. Her roles in both films earned her excellent reviews from critics.
- In 2016, she co-starred in the comedic movie Amateur Night, alongside Jason Biggs and Ashley Tisdale. She reportedly became firm friends with Tisdale after working together.
- Her performance in Amateur Night won her a role in the religious family drama Conflict of Interest. She starred alongside Jazsmin Lewis & Thomas Mikal Ford.