Luca Dotti is an author but is more well known as the son of the late British acting legend and fashion icon Audrey Hepburn.
Personal Life & Family :
- Luca was born in Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland, on February 8, 1970.
- He is the son of parents – actress Audrey Hepburn & psychiatrist/professor Andrea Dotti. This was Audrey’s second marriage.
- Luca’s father Andrea met Audrey in 1968 on a yacht. Thereafter, the couple visited Greek ruins together, fell in love, and got married a year later on January 18.
- Audrey wanted to have a big family with Andrea, but unfortunately, she had many miscarriages. Luca was the second child she had in her life. Audrey’s only other child was Luca’s elder step-brother – Sean Hepburn Ferrer.
- After Audrey married Andrea Dotti & later when Luca was born, she decided to end her glamorous career and become a full-time mom. While Luca was growing up, Hepburn’s work remained mostly of a humanitarian nature – most of her time was directed towards charitable causes.
- Luca’s father was unfaithful to Audrey and allegedly had many affairs. He was usually away from home. Audrey only stayed married to Andrea for long enough for her son to be mature enough to undergo the divorce. Together, the couple remained married for close to thirteen years.
- Luca spent a great deal of his childhood in Italy with his mother and shared a lot of time with her. He mentions that his mom had a delightful character and was nothing but truly lovely and caring.
Married Life & Children :
- Luca is now married to Domitilla Bertusi. Domitilla comes from a very prominent family in Florence, Italy.
- They got married in Argentario in Tuscany. The festivities continued for three days. The wedding setting was one like Arabian Nights.
- Like his mother’s work during Luca’s upbringing, he has also dedicated himself to humanitarian work.
- Luca currently lives in Rome. His family includes his wife and their two daughters.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Luca Dotti is the Chairs of the Audrey Hepburn’s Children’s Fund. This organization was created by the family a year after Audrey died.
- Audrey Hepburn’s Children’s Fund, created in 1994 helps children around the globe and raises funds using exhibitions of Audrey’s photographs, dresses, accessories, memories and more.
Work as an Author :
- Luca has also edited and written three books about his mother. The first book, “Audrey in Rome,” is a compilation of more than 200 never before seen photographs of Audrey along with Luca’s comments, memories, and remarks about his mother.
- “Audrey at Home: Memories from my Mother’s Kitchen” is a book comprising not just photographs but also personal letters between the family. The book also contains Hepburn’s favorite recipes written in her own hand and Luca associated anecdotes to each recipe.
- The third book is in Italian and is called “Audrey mia Madre” and is partly Luca’s autobiography and partly a biography of his mother.
More About Brother Sean :
- Luca’s stepbrother Sean Hepburn Ferrer, born in 1960 was Audrey’s first born kid from her first marriage to American actor Mel Ferrer. Sean grew up knowing his mother’s life of glamor & fame. Sean is now a film producer and author.
- Sean got married four times – Karin Hofer (married 2014), Giovanna Gregori Ferrer (married 2000–2009), Leila Flannigan (married 1994–2000) and Marina Spadafora (married 1985–1989).
- Sean has three children – Emma Kathleen Ferrer, Gregorio Ferrer, Santiago Ferrer
- Luca and Sean were said to be close but a legal dispute over Audrey’s possessions let out the truth about the bother’s relationship.
- By the time Luca got married, Audrey had already passed away and his brother did not attend the wedding.