Biography Profile / Wikipedia Background
- Anupama is the wife of the first Indian born CEO of Microsoft, Satya Nadella. They married in 1992 and have been together for more than 25 years. Coincidentally, it was also the year Satya started her career in Microsoft.
- Anupama is the power centre of the house, which she describes as one of ‘controlled chaos.’
- She is the glue that holds the Nadella family together, juggling the demands of family life while her husband steers the tech generation.
Personal Life & Family :
- Anupama was born in New Delhi, India in 1973.
- Satya and her met at their high school in Hyderabad, India. They have one son, Zain, and two daughters, Tara and Divya.
- Unfortunately, her son has cerebral palsy and one of her daughters has special educational needs.
- The family currently lives near Seattle, Washington, where their hilltop Home overlooks a large lake.
- She is also known by the name Anupama Priyadarshini Nadella.
- In the early 1980s she attended Hyderabad Public School and went on to study engineering at Manipal Institute of Technology.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Through she is an Architect by profession, she gave up her career to care for her son.
- She wanted to give something back to the hospital that greatly helped Zain when he was born, so she co-chairs the “It Starts with Yes” campaign for Seattle Children’s hospital which raises funds to transform children’s health. She is also a Board Member there.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- She has a dog-called Winston and believes that pets in the home help children connect better with the outside world. This is especially important to her given her children’s special needs.
- A strict mother, she often set strict limits on-screen time for the kids and what sites they use.
- Her father is best known, in India, for developing the ‘Rupees 2 per kilogram’ rice scheme. The scheme kept rice at an affordable price for everyone.
- Her marriage, in 1992, was set to be a low-key family affair, however, the then Prime Minister, PV Narasimha Rao, gatecrashed the wedding, which became national news & was reported widely across India.
- Satya’s book, Hit Refresh: The Quest to Rediscover Microsoft’s Soul and Imagine a Better Future for Everyone, was published in 2017.