Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
Introduction : Who is Melanie Craft ?
- Better known as the ex-wife of American billionaire Larry Ellison, Melanie Craft is an American Romance Novelist by profession & a woman of many talents.
- Having had very modest beginnings, Melanie has grown in life through perseverance and talent.
- She is described as individualistic in thoughts, a determined writer and a loyal partner to her ex-husband.
Key Details :
- After her divorce with Larry, Melanie reportedly acquired a big chunk of his properties & owns numerous cars, yachts, and mansions.
- As a fitness freak, she used to work out religiously at the Axis Performance Center.
- Melanie and Larry used to eat Japanese breakfasts at home, as he had worked in Japan and loved Japanese breakfasts on business trips.
- She prefers The Wall Street Journal and the Economist according to an interview she gave in 2004.
- She studied anthropology at Oberlin College in Ohio, USA.
- Melanie was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in USA.
- Her father was a University Professor.
- She married American billionaire Larry Ellison, who is an entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Oracle Corporation on December 18, 2003, and divorced him in September 2010.
- She was engaged to her boyfriend of nine years, Todd, a UC Davis graduate and was living in with him after moving together from the Midwest.
- Has a sister, Kira Craft.
Net Worth, Career & Professional Life :
- Melanie has worked at diverse professions such as being a bartender, a house cleaner, experimented with being a pastry chef and even tried her hand as a safari driver.
- She also was a staff member at the Deer Valley YMCA Camp located in Elk Lick, Pa.
- As an author, she has penned numerous novels.
Books Written :
- A Hard Hearted Man (Silhouette Intimate Moments) is a story about a wealthy businessman who falls in love with a woman who is less fortunate in life and their relationship.
- Trust Me (Warner Forever) is the story of a Veterinarian who finds herself in trouble after an eccentric millionaire bequeaths his entire fortune to her.
- Man Trouble (Warner Forever) is a novel about a history professor who also moonlights as a novelist who wants to hide her identity. It has some pretty decent rating s from readers.
Controversies & Interesting Facts :
- Larry Ellison married Melanie after courting her for eight long years.
- Melanie was Larry’s fourth wife.
- Melanie declares that her ultimate dream is to make it to The New York Times best-seller list.
- Apple Inc founder, Steve Jobs was the best man at her wedding.
- She was pursued by Ellison while she was dating her first boyfriend and they gradually moved from friends to partners.
- When her first book was released, it was scrutinized, and she was ridiculed for it. She claims it was very difficult for her individually as they had looked at her from the perspective of having a famous boyfriend.