Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
- Mackenzie Bezos is an American novelist, though she is best known for being the ex-wife of Amazon founder and billionaire businessman Jeff Bezos.
- She was born on April 7, 1970, in San Francisco, California.
- She was raised by her parents – a financial planner (father) and a homemaker (mother), who encouraged her from a very young age to follow her passions towards reading and writing.
- Mackenzie graduated from the Hotchkiss School in Connecticut in 1988, and from there was accepted in to Princeton University.
- She graduated from Princeton in 1992 with a Bachelor of English, and with honors.
Marriage to Jeff Bezos & Journey with Amazon :
- Towards the end of university, she went to work for hedge fund corporation D.E. Shaw in New York, as a way to make money to fund her writing. During her interview there, she met her future husband Jeff Bezos.
- The two were engaged within 3 months of dating, and where then married within 3 months of being engaged in the year of 1993.
- They have 4 children together – 3 sons and a daughter.
- They moved from New York to Seattle in 1994 and it was here that he began creating the online giant Amazon. He was described as crazy, but Mackenzie supported him throughout the whole journey.
- Amazon kept on gaining momentum, and by 2010 – it had given the Bezos family net worth of over $140 billion.
- Mackenzie and Jeff have a very affectionate relationship even after being married over 20 years. He still surprises her with small gifts regularly for no reason at all.
- She has said that they balance each other out as she is an “introverts introvert” while he is “extrovert extrovert”, so they work well together.
Net Worth, Charity & Books Written :
- Mackenzie has published two novels : The Testing of Luther Albright (2005); Traps (2015)
- She has stated that she uses her husband as her personal editor and he is always the first to read her work.
- In 2014, she founded the Bystander Revolution charitable foundation. The foundation works as an anti-bullying organization and Mackenzie is quite passionate about this work. She acts as the executive director for the foundation.
- In 2015, she and Jeff donated $2.5 million dollars towards efforts to help legalize gay marriage.
Controversies & Interesting Facts :
- She copped some criticism for being an author when her husband sells books as cheaply as he does online. People have stated that she as an up and coming author should know better than to let him get away with it. She has responded by saying that if she wrote her books with just dollar signs in her mind, they don’t deserve to be published.