Justine Musk is a Canadian author of several books, particularly for young adult readers. She is also the ex-wife of the tech mogul billionaire & Tesla Motors owner Elon Musk.
Personal Life, Education & Family Details :
- Musk was born on September 2, 1972 & grew up in Canada.
- For her education, she attended Queen’s University in Ontario, Canada and studied writing.
- She graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in English, and began working abroad.
- She began her relationship with the owner of Tesla and SpaceX Elon Musk when they both attended Queen’s University.
Justine Musk Married Life :
- The pair dated on and off throughout their last few years of college, and Elon constantly sent Justine flowers and letters. They went their separate ways after graduation, then reconnected when Musk returned to Canada after teaching in Japan.
- By that time, Elon had begun working in Silicon Valley, the tech hot spot in California, and was about to sell his latest website.
- They eventually married, but fell into a power struggle where Musk did not feel like a partner in their marriage.
Justine Musk Divorce & Settlement :
- In 2008, Musk and Elon filed for divorce, but a bitter court struggle soon ensued. Before marrying each other, the couple signed a postnuptial. Musk’s lawyers argued that it was invalid because Elon incorrectly listed his valued wealth, and Elon’s lawyers argued that she had signed a “mediation” clause, which prevented her from discussing the outcome.
- The divorce drew out for several years before they finally ruled in favor of Elon.
- The couple’s first child, Nevada, died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome at just 10 weeks old.
- Just two years later, Musk had twins, Griffin Musk and Xavier Musk. The twins were followed by triplets, Damien Musk, Saxon & Kai Musk in 2006.
- They currently share custody of their five boys.
Justine Musk Net Worth, Career & Profession :
- While Musk’s goal was always to become a writer, she spent the first year of her life away in Japan, where she taught English.
- She then moved back to Canada and began writing her books.
- Musk’s first book, BloodAngel was released in 2005. Aimed at young adults, it’s about a budding artist with recurring, disturbing dreams; a teenage boy who is an orphan; and the following that is amassing behind an underground rock band and their spell-bindingly charismatic lead singer.
- The book released to fairly good criticism, but readers warned that due to its gore and disturbing scenes, it was not for those who didn’t like dark books.
- In 2007, she released Uninvited, an unrelated novel about a young girl coping with her brother’s disappearance after he became the sole survivor in a horrific car crash. He eventually returns, but brings with him a stranger that turns their lives upside down.
- Uninvited had mixed reviews, and suffered from the lack of realistic characters and confusing plot devices.
- For her third book, Musk returned to the BloodAngel series and released a sequel in 2008 called Lord of Bones. It was much more well-received than her second novel. She has yet to release a fourth book.