Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Emma Portner is a Canadian dancer and choreographer. Already well-known and respected in the dance world, she has recently become more recognized after marrying actress Ellen Page.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Emma Portner was born in Orléans, Ontario, on November 26, 1994.
- She is a middle child with two brothers: older brother, Dylan; and younger brother, Quinn.
- Her mom, Heather, may have remarried as she, husband Dan, and Quinn go by the last name Paszkowski. Regardless of last name, Dan proudly refers to Emma as his daughter on his Twitter (now called X) account.
- In January 2018, Emma married fellow Canadian Ellen Page – who shot to fame after playing the title character in the movie “Juno.” Ellen reached out to Emma after seeing a video of her dancing on Instagram.
- The couple lives in Los Angeles with their terrier named Patters.
Early Life and Education :
- At just 3-years-old, Emma began training in ballet, jazz, tap, contemporary, lyrical and hip hop at Leeming Danceworks in Orléans.
- At 10-years-old, she auditioned for the highly competitive National Ballet School of Canada summer program, was accepted, and was even offered full-time admission to the program. She declined the full-time position, but continued to audition for the intensive summer program (and be accepted) for the next two years.
- Beginning her teenage years at St. Peter High School, Emma was accepted into the Canterbury High School for the Performing Arts, from which she graduated with honors.
- At 16-years-old, she moved to New York City to continue her training at the prestigious Ailey School.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- In 2012, Emma’s professional career took off when she posted a video of her and fellow dancer Matt Luck performing their own choreography to the song “Dancing in the Dark.” The video went viral, garnering over 50,000 views in the first 72 hours. That year, she was named “Young Choreographer of the Year” at the American Dance Awards.
- The video was noticed by famous choreographer Parris Goebel, who was tasked with finding unique dances for each of Justin Bieber’s songs on his album, “Purpose.” Given only 6 hours to come up with a routine, Emma choreographed and starred in the music video for “Life is Worth Living” alongside dancer Patrick Cook. She later helped choreograph part of Bieber’s Purpose World Tour.
- At 22-years-old in 2017, Emma became the youngest woman ever to choreograph a musical when she did so for Jim Steinman’s “Bat Out of Hell.”
- A student and a teacher, Emma has trained with famous dance companies like RUBBERBANDance in Montreal, and Hubbard Street Dance Chicago; and taught at New York-based Broadway Dance Center and Peridance Capezio Center.
- More recently, Portner became the first-ever resident artist at L.A. Dance Project, and will be creating a new work for the New York City Ballet that will premiere in May 2019.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Before making it big, Emma swept floors at Battery Dance in New York in exchange for cheap studio space.
- If she didn’t pursue dancing, she says would be interested in film directing or real estate.
- Despite her success, Emma has faced rejection. She auditioned for Juilliard and was cut right away.
Myra Stratton【 Samantha Fox Partner Girlfriend 】Linda Olsen, Wiki
Bruce Bozzi Wiki, Daughter, Net Worth, Married, Wedding, Age, Bio
Debbie Toksvig Age, Wiki, Daughter【 Sandi Toksvig Wife 】Bio
Jennifer Cora【 Cat Cora Wife 】Nicole Ehrlich, Wiki, Age, Bio, Net worth
Samantha Thomas Age, Height, Wiki, Bio, Surfer, Wikipedia (Ellen Page)
Michelle Rounds Wiki, Net Worth, Married, Age, Bio (Rosie O’Donnell Wife)
Jessica Kellgren Fozard Wife, Age, Wiki, Bio, Deaf, Height, Wedding
Kathy Travis Net Worth, Age, Wiki, Bio【 Suze Orman Wife 】Career
Lauren Blitzer【 Chely Wright Wife 】Age, Wiki, Bio, Books, Wikipedia