Jacob Pechenik is a renowned American film Executive Producer. He was more well-known for being the spouse of well-liked actress Zooey Deschanel. The couple separated in September 2019.
Zooey Deschanel Jacob Pechenik Married Life :
- Jacob was born in & grew up in San Antonio, Texas.
- He and Deschanel began dating in mid-2014. They met while working together on one of her movies, Rock The Kasbah.
- The couple got married in 2015 in Texas, shortly before announcing their first pregnancy.
- They now have two children – Elsie Otter Pechenik (born July 2015) and Charlie Wolf Pechenik (born May 2017).
- Four years into the marriage, the couple calls it quits citing that “they were better off as friends!”.
Education, Work, Net Worth & Career :
- Education : Jacob earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- At first, Pechenik did not start his career in the film industry. He has nearly two decades of experience in the development and support of enterprise-class trading platforms for large financial services firms and Fortune 500 companies.
- The first major startup that he founded was TechTrader in 1998, along with fellow MIT graduates. It was meant to design and implement business-to-business enterprise software that helps companies conduct business on the Web.
- He then became the Founder and CEO of YellowJacket Software in 2003, with a focus on facilitating the trade of over-the-counter products. It was acquired by Intercontinental Exchange in 2008, and he set out again to create another company.
- In 2010, Pechenik became the CEO and founder of Venture Forth Productions, a specialty film finance and production company. This is when he became introduced to the film industry.
- In 2013, he made his debut as an executive producer on the film Terri. He has since worked on notable films such as Jobs, The Immigrant and The Skeleton Twins.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Jacob is actually eight years older than his ex-wife, Zooey Deschanel.
- Deschanel was actually married once before to ‘Death Cab for Cutie’ singer Ben Gibbard in 2012.
- Pechenik’s children have middle names that are animals – Otter and Wolf.
- Zooey converted to Judaism for Pechenik before they got married.
- Zooey has been a part of the Fox series New Girl and done roles in films such as The New Guy (2002), Elf (2003), The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (2005), Failure to Launch (2006), Yes Man (2008), and 500 Days of Summer (2009).