Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
- Shawn Sanford, a man with thick, dark brown hair that is often seen sporting a short, scruffy beard, is the senior director of lifestyle marketing at Microsoft.
- He is also the current husband of actress Poppy Montgomery.
Early Life & Education :
- Shawn grew up in Washington state and never had too much of an inkling to live anywhere else.
- He decided to stay in his home state for college, and attended the Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Washington.
- The small university is a private Lutheran-based school with an emphasis on community experiences, and often pushes their students to complete internships, just like Sanford did.
- He began his time at Pacific Lutheran in 1990, and graduated in 1992 with a Bachelor’s degree in marketing.
Relationships & Married Life :
- In 2011, Shawn Sanford met Poppy Montgomery in Puerto Rico, an actress that has been acting since the 1990s. She gained popularity in 2002 with the hit TV series Without a Trace, which starred her as a hard-hitting FBI agent.
- She has gone on to act in multiple other roles, including a biopic movie about J.K. Rowling in which she played the famous author. She just recently finished up another TV series, Unforgettable.
- He married Poppy Montgomery in 2014 at Disneyland. Together they have two children, a daughter named Violet Grace Deveraux & son Gus born in November 2014.
- Poppy also has another kid – Jackson Phillip with old boyfriend Adam Kaufman.
- The family often shares photos of their vacation & times together on their Instagram account.
Shawn Sanford Microsoft Career & Profession :
- Aside from his time in college and any part-time jobs he had, all of Sanford’s career revolves around Microsoft.
- In 1994, he got his first job with the company as a business development manager in Microsoft’s Internet Customer Unit.
- There, he managed and built relationships with internet service providers, or ISPs, in both the US and in Canada.
Job Progress, Career & Net Worth :
- In 1996, he was promoted to product manager in the company’s Department of Public Relations for Windows and Internet Explorer, two of Microsoft’s flagship programs.
- Sanford handled press releases and sent out technical reports for Windows 98 and their corresponding Internet Explorer browser.
- Two years later, in 1998, Sanford overhauled Microsoft’s public relations department and created the Communications and PR for Consumer Windows Division.
- Through this division, he continued to manage Microsoft’s interactions with the press and with other forms of the media or clients.
- In 1999, Shawn became the group manager for Microsoft’s new program, Windows XP.
- In 2001, he turned his attention to small businesses and began managing the marketing teams for Microsoft’s small business partnerships.
Current Work :
- In September of 2003, Sanford became the senior director of lifestyle marketing, where he leads teams in creating new marketing programs for the company.
- He brings creativity into play and is trying to show Microsoft as a company that makes a great lifestyle companion to the everyday user, not just for people that have PC laptops.
- He has held this position for over 14 years, and will probably continue to do so for many more years.