Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Micheline Roquebrune, a small elderly woman with curly, strawberry-blonde hair and a bright personality, is an artist who specializes in paintings.
- She is known best to the public as the longstanding wife of legendary Scottish actor Sean Connery, who is known for playing the original James Bond.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Micheline, who is of Moroccan and French descent, was born in 1929.
- She spent much of her youth as a professional golfer, and even won a few tournaments.
- Along with English, she speaks French and Spanish fluently, and can even understand Arabic.
- Before meeting Connery, she had already gone through two previous marriages, and had lived everywhere from France to Northern Africa.
Marriage with Sean Connery & Children :
- Micheline first met Connery in 1970 while she was competing at a golf tournament in Morocco.
- She saw him in passing on the first day of the tournament & knew nothing about him, but that night she had a dream that they talked and he held her. The following day, she found him and struck up a conversation—well, tried to. The two of them didn’t speak a common language at the time, so they spoke together in broken English and French.
- Nevertheless, the two stayed by each other’s sides the entire tournament.
- Roquebrune married Connery in 1975 (her third marriage), and they have been together ever since.
- Although she has no children with Connery, Roquebrune accepted Connery’s children as her own &became the stepmother to Jason Connery.
- She also had her own children from one of her previous marriages: Oliver, Micha, and Stephane. Stephane was fairly close in age to Jason, and the two became close step siblings.
- She continues to live with Connery in their various estates, including one in Scotland and one off of the cost of Florida.
Career, Income, Salary & Net worth :
Art & Paintings :
- Micheline had always loved art as a child, but did not truly begin to develop it as a profession until she was 23 years old.
- She was always attracted to bright colors, and has translated those kinds of things into her paintings. She paints realistic scenes and portraits, usually of people she knows well.
- Her work has been displayed all over the world in cities such as Chicago, Illinois; Washington, D.C.; Athens, Greece; Rome, Italy; and several cities in France.
- Micheline paints nearly every single day in her home studio, and continues to set up her own shows and galleries.
Acting Work :
- While Micheline’s true profession has always been an artist, she has also had a few opportunities to be in front of the camera.
- In 2002, she joined her husband Sean Connery in a German documentary called Sean Connery, an Intimate Portrait.
- In 2005, Roquebrune appeared on a French talk show called 20H10 Pétantes, where she talked about her artwork and marriage.
- She has yet to make any other major film or TV appearances.