Bio Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Rosalind Ross often called “Rosey” by close friends, is one of America’s most decorated equestrian vaulter.
- The dark-haired, blue-eyed beauty has won several vaulting championships but has recently added a new interest into her life: screenwriting.
- While she is an accomplished athlete and already has some screenwriting credits to her name, she is most recognizable to the public as Hollywood start Mel Gibson’s latest girlfriend.
Personal Life & Background :
- Ross’s childhood was filled with horses, training, and competitions both across her home state of California and abroad to countries like Austria and Brazil.
- When she grew older, she quit vaulting, but stayed in California.
- She first met current boyfriend Mel Gibson in 2014 when she interviewed to write for his production company Icon. Despite a big age difference, their relationship began shortly afterward when Gibson flew Ross out to his 500-acre animal sanctuary in Costa Rica, where they stayed for about a month.
- On January 22, 2017, just a few years after they started dating, Ross gave birth to Lars Gerard Gibson, her first child and Gibson’s ninth.
- Aside from motherhood and writing, Ross also loves to cook, scuba dive, and snowboard.
- Her favorite movie is, unsurprisingly, one of Gibson’s biggest hits – Braveheart.
- Ross grew up in California and attended Palo Alto High School, known by locals as “Paly.” She graduated in 2008, the same year she won her second gold medal in her vaulting career.
- After a few years, of success within the sport, Ross decided to pursue a different art, and enrolled in Emerson College, where she hopes to obtain her B.F.A in writing, literature, and publishing.
Rosalind Ross Equestrian Career :
- Before becoming a screenwriter, Ross had been riding horses since she was a child.
- In fact, her first international competition as an equestrian vaulter—a sport that fuses dance, gymnastics, and horseback riding—was when she was only nine years old. She competed in Europe with the Sundance Vaulting Club, impressing everyone with her performance.
- In 2004, Ross won a bronze medal as part of the Coast Line team, a team that represented the U.S. at the World Vaulting Championships, and in 2005, she gained success in the Mount Eden Vaulting Club, another team eager to claim her talent.
- In 2006, she switched teams yet again, this time joining FAME. Her work on that team brought home her first gold medal for the U.S. at the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
- She won the gold again for FAME in 2008 and 2010, then switched career paths to begin work as a screenwriter.
Net Worth & Writing Career :
Currently Not Married. See Mel Gibson and Rosalind Ross dating details above.
- Her first major writing credit came in 2014 from the Amazon Prime series Matador, in which a DEA agent goes undercover as a football player in order to spy on the team’s corrupt owner.
- She also wrote her first short, Homeward during that year, earning her a spot on Hollywood’s Top 100 Young and Hungry People.
- In 2016, she even took a jab at acting, and starred in the short film “A Social Life.”
- Ross is now working on an upcoming indie film named Lioness starring Ellen Page.