Sara Kapfer, a tall woman with a thin smile and long, blonde hair, is a former schoolteacher and former wife of the Oscar-winning actor Cube Gooding Jr.
Professional Life & Education :
- Born in 1969, Kapfer attended North Hollywood High School, a public high school in Los Angeles, California. The school was originally named Lankershim High School in 1927, but changed the name after Hollywood began to grow and become more affluent.
- Besides her and Gooding Jr., some other notable alumni from the school include Olympian George Frenn, TV personality Morgan Webb, author and activist Susan Sontag, and screenwriter and executive producer Beth Sullivan.
- She graduated from North Hollywood at the same time as Gooding Jr., then went off to college to study education. She eventually graduated with her Bachelor’s degree and began teaching.
- For several years, Kapfer taught elementary school education in California.
- She continued this until she began having her own children in 1994.
Cube Gooding Jr Sara Kapfer Married Life :
- Kapfer began dating Gooding Jr. in 1986 while they were both still in high school. They moved in together after they graduated, and lived together for seven years before getting married in 1994.
- During those 7 years, Kapfer completed college and began teaching, and Gooding Jr. began his film career. They wed and began their family right after that.
- To most, their relationship seemed like one of the most stable ones in Hollywood. They had been together since high school and stayed that way for nearly two decades with loving children.
- The couple had her first child, a son named Spencer Gooding, in 1994.
- In 1996, Spencer was followed by their second son, Mason Gooding. In 2005, after quite a long gap, the couple had her first daughter and final child, Piper Gooding.
- Mason completed his studies at Windward High School followed by a degree at Tisch School of the Arts.
- Both Spencer & Mason have done their on-screen debut.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- In 2014, however, Kapfer shattered that image when she filed for separation, citing Gooding Jr.’s multiple affairs and her consequential emotional turmoil because of them as the reason.
- While her husband often gushed about his wife in interviews, the truth was that the actor partied hard, and often got drunk or high before inviting multiple women to his hotel rooms when he was away filming.
- Over the years, several women have come forward to confirm this.
- In 2016, Gooding Jr. attempted to reconcile with his wife, but she ultimately refused, and in 2017, they filed for divorce.
- The courts have yet to reach an official settlement, and they are still fighting over custody involving their youngest daughter Piper, who is only 12.
- The two are also deep in battle over money involving Gooding Jr.’s latest major Netflix hit, The People V. O.J. Simpson. Gooding Jr. wants the courts to deny Kapfer any monetary claim to the assets that he gained after she filed for separation in 2014, which would include income from the hit TV show.