Biography Details / Profile Information
- Jonna Spilbor is a criminal defense attorney and a legal analyst who has appeared on Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network & various other media networks. Many of her scholarly articles have also found their way into the San Diego Justice Journal.
- She also has her own law practice called Jonna Spilbor Law based in Poughkeepsie, New York.
Personal Life : Family Background & Education
- Jonna Spilbor was born on August 12, 1966, to parents Nancy (mother) and John Spibor (father) in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- She graduated from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, California, where she was a member of the Law Review.
- Jonna was once married & later divorced. The couple didn’t have any kids but owned two cats. Her husband later got remarried.
A Legal Star :
- Jonna started her career in the courtroom and has handled hundreds of cases as a criminal defense attorney. She has previously served in the San Diego City Attorney’s Office, Criminal Division and the Office of the United States Attorney in the Drug Task Force and Appellate units.
- She is also one of the few attorneys in the Hudson Valley who are members of the National College for DUI Defense
- Jonna is licensed to practice law in three of the nation’s most influential jurisdictions—New York, California, and the District of Columbia.
- The San Diego Juvenile Court made her a Court Appointed Special Advocate, in 1998. She has received certification for the same.
- The San Diego bench awarded special recognition to Spilbor in 1999, for her competence in handling the area of Three Strikes defense.
Career Review & Net Worth :
- Currently, Spilbor manages and runs Jonna Spilbor Law, a full-service law firm, that she started in November 2002. The firm deals with criminal defense, family law, estate planning, or personal injury cases.
- She actively appears on Fox News and other networks and has been a part of shows like America’s News Headquarters, The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, Happening Now.
- Besides her legal and TV work, she also has a podcast Happy Hour with Jonna and Keryl which has done a few episodes so far.
- Jonna also founded a volunteer organization, Make Xmas Not Suck in December 2009. It helps families who have fallen hard times and cannot afford to pay their bills during the Holiday season. It now also includes providing a true Christmas for children who have suffered sexual abuse.