Laura Lentz is an Australian pastor, foundation leader, and speaker. She is best known as the Hillsong East Coast Lead Pastor.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Laura was born in Australia and has lived there almost her entire life. However, after she graduated from university, she moved to the United States to be with her husband.
- She is now married to Stephen Carl Lentz, the senior pastor of Hillsong Church, New York City. The wedding took place in 2003.
- The beautiful couple has three children, Charlie, Roman, and Ava. The kids ‘wrestle bears and bunnies’ as they jokingly say on their official website.
- Laura’s work at the Hillsong church led her to meet many famous people across the United States and become friends with them. She is now quite close to the American model and television star Hailey Baldwin and her equally famous husband, the singing sensation Justin Bieber.
Early Life and Education :
- Laura was born in Australia, in a religious family, who inspired her to go on this spiritual path by regularly attending the Hillsong church sermons.
- She has graduated from Hillsong International Leadership College, in South Wales, Australia, where she has also met her husband Carl Lentz.
- She has done rigorous Bible and Pastoral studies during her training & revealed that one of her favorite scriptures is Philippians 4:6, which also sums up her life creed: “Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude.”
Church Work, Salary & Net Worth :
- A member of the Hillsong community in Australia since she was a teenager, Laura is now the Lead Pastor of the Hillsong East Coast Church, located in New York City.
- Although nowadays, the Hillsong Church became a famous mega-church due to well-known attendees like Jay-Z, Justin Bieber, or Lil’ Wayne, the church was founded in the early 80s in New South Wales, Australia, by Brian and Bobbie Houston. Today the church has locations in cities like London, Paris, Moscow, San Francisco, and Buenos Aires. Their theology is defined as contemporary Pentecostal.
- Laura Lentz is also the leader of NY Sisterhood, which is a women group, part of the Global Hillsong Colour Collective which focuses on world conferences, bible study, volunteer work, and prayer groups.
- The Lentz family is now at the heart of Hillsong, New York, and manages to gather a crowd of around 6,000 people for their church events. They are seen as a role model, and their amazing number of Instagram followers, almost a million in total, proves it. The content Laura shares is usually a mixture of parenting advice, religious advice, and fun content related to her hobbies and traveling stories.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Laura’s best friend for almost 40 years is the Australian musician, songwriter, and pastor Joel Houston.
- She is a huge fan of the American sitcom FRIENDS, and she regularly posts memes related to the show or short fragments from her favorite episodes. Her favorite FRIENDS character is the cute hippie Phoebe Buffay (played by actress Lisa Kudrow).
- Like most Australians, she is an excellent surfer and loves imparting her skills to her three children.