Wikipedia Bio / Profile Information
- A committed Christian, Scott Ligertwood is an Australian songwriter who has risen to fame as a member of the Hillsong Worship music group.
- Scott is a prolific songwriter with many of his songs appearing on the annual Hillsong Worships’ live albums, many of which are recorded at the ‘Hillsong Worship and Creative Conferences’ in Sydney, London, and Los Angeles and draws tens of thousands of fans.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Background :
- Scott was born in Australia on August 5th, 1983.
- He married New Zealand born fellow Hillsong singer/songwriter Brooke Fraser on March 17th, 2008.
- Seven years later, in 2015, they welcomed a daughter Dylan, into the world. She was followed by another child in July 2017 – A son named Rooney.
- The couple has lived in Sydney, Australia and now reside in Los Angeles, California, USA.
Early Life and Education :
- Although Scott’s parents divorced at the age of 2, he felt that he had a normal upbringing. Though coming from a broken home did leave him with some emotional scars.
- He says mother was the ‘rock of the family’ and worked hard so that he never went without food & basic amenities.
- Through his teens, Ligertwood became cynical and found it hard to relate to older males leading to insecurities within this area of his life.
- Although it is not known where Scott went to school, it was at this time that he became a member of the church. Through his faith and worship, Scott feels he learned how to become a husband, father, and friend.
- An interest in the arts helped shapes Scott’s future career. However, it wasn’t until the age of 18 that he picked up his first musical instrument! From then on, he dedicated himself to learning everything he could about music and songwriting.
Music Career, Salary & Net worth :
- Scott’s keen interest in any art form such as painting, graphic design, and art production along with behind the scenes work, shaped his early career.
- He was invited to write some songs by a fellow worshiper and has not looked back since.
- The first song that Scott penned was in 2005 and he has went from strength to strength ever since, with a string of hit songs to his name.
- In 2010, he co-wrote his first song with his wife called Something on the Water.
- In 2017, Ligertwood took the position of Art Director for the Hillsong Worship film ‘There is More.’
- You can listen to his songs on Spotify and some of them are even posted to YouTube.
- Scott is regularly seen at red carpet music events in Australia, New Zealand and Los Angeles.
- His songs have helped Hillsong Worship become Grammy Award Winners!
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Scott’s first conversation with his wife was at a barbecue for the church about her shoes!
- He designed his wife’s engagement ring himself and proposed to her in Stockholm, Sweden.
- He has written well over 200 songs during his career to date but has expressed no desire so far to get behind the microphone.
- While not working on his music, Scott is a loyal family man and loves spending weekends away with his family and children.