Aodhan King is a gifted Australian vocalist and songwriter. He is a musician and youth worship leader at Hills Campus. Moreover, he is the songwriter and worship leader for the Hillsong Young & Free group.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Aodhan was born in Sydney on December 25, 1992. His parents are of mixed ethnicity – His mother is Indian, while his father is of Irish descent. He has two brothers named Niall and Brendy.
- From an early age, Aodhan started to teach himself to play the guitar. He used YouTube videos for this purpose. He started using his parents’ slow dial-up Internet connection and watch the videos on low quality. When someone had to make a phone call, he had to log off. Despite all of this, he persevered. He practised so hard & so often that he developed calluses on his fingers. But this made him feel like a real guitarist and raised his confidence level to sing and even write songs.
- King progressed quite fast in the sphere of song-writing. He co-wrote various songs such as ‘Sinking Deep,’ ‘Close,’ ‘Back to Life’, and ‘In Sync’ by the time he was only 21 years old.
- Aodhan’s musical talents caught the attention of the Creative Team of Hillsong Church.
Education, Career and Net worth :
- King had first attended the youth ministry at Hillsong Church in 2004. He had a good time there and developed many friendships. Soon he got more interested in the church and inspired him to learn about Jesus.
- Eventually, in 2005, Aodhan accepted Jesus as his personal saviour. He then became a part of the creative team at Hillsong Church and eventually a full-fledged staff member.
- In 2007, Aodhan performed his first original song titled “For You” at the youth ministry’s annual Winter Formal. He said his performance was terrible and that his voice sounded like a “truck,” and his body was shaking so much because he was very nervous.
- But a few months later, Aodhan had another chance to perform the same song again. This time, he captured the attention of important members of the Hillsong creative teams such as Joel Houston, Dean Ussher, Dylan Thomas, and Hannah Hobbs. The team began mentoring Aodhan.
- In 2009, Aodhan decided to put his love for leading worship and writing songs first and above all else. Over the years, he has had the opportunity to record and co-write many tracks for the band Hillsong Young & Free’s first album and tour around the world.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Aodhan’s name is Irish and pronounced like “Aiden.”
- He is a university graduate.
- Aodhan considers himself to be “living the dream.”
- His favorite activity at church is to write songs and mentor young songwriters.
- Achieving athletic success is another of Aodhan’s dream of his. Besides church and singing, his favorite activities is pursuing sports such as soccer, skating, and swimming.
- In 2014, he dated another band member Taya Smith. However, the relationship did not last long.