Benjamin Hastings is a musician, songwriter, and a Northern Irish worship leader for Hillsong United. He is based in Sydney, Australia.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Benjamin William Hastings was born on November 15, 1991. His mother is Vivian Hastings. He grew up close to Belfast in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, but then moved to Australia. He has a brother, Luke Hastings, who also lives with his new wife, Hannah Ivey Hastings, in Sydney.
- He has been married to fellow Hillsong Church member Jessie Hastings since 2014. Benjamin has a daughter with Jessie, Juniper Hastings, also known as Junie.
- He attended the Royal Belfast Academical Institution in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Benjamin studied at the Hillsong Bible College in Sydney, Australia, from 2011 to 2014.
- He currently resides in Sydney, Australia, with his wife and his daughter, but can frequently be seen travelling the world with his music.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Benjamin worked at the Lisburn Music Centre in Lisburn, Northern Ireland.
- In 2013, Benjamin assisted with writing the Hillsong Worship Easter song, entitled Victory.
- He has been an active part of the Hillsong United (also known as UNITED) ever since. Hillsong United is a worship band that is part of the international Hillsong Church umbrella. The band was first formed in 1998, emerging from the Hillsong Youth Ministry and allowing members to put their talents together.
- Benjamin writes songs and accompanies the band on tour. He also plays the guitar and the keys.
- He is also now a worship leader, preaching his ministry through his songs.
- Benjamin’s songs have been recorded and distributed by various labels, reaching all corners of the world. The music labels include UNITED, Hillsong Young and Free, Kari Jobe, and Rend Collective.
- In 2018, Hastings co-wrote the hit song ‘So Will I (100 Billion X)’ with his friend and fellow worship leader Joel Houston. He created the song in an intense songwriting session that took a total of six days.
- Some of the other song titles he has worked on are: O Praise the Name (Anástasis), As You Find Me, Rescuer (Good News), Remembrance, Where You Are, Captain, Echoes (Til we see the other side), Seasons, Here’s to the One, Highlands (Song of Ascent), and P E A C E.
- Hastings has toured the world multiple times with Hillsong United.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
- Benjamin wrote his song ‘P E A C E’ for his wife, Jessie Hastings. The song deals with anxiety, which his wife suffers from. He has stated that he wanted to write a song that would comfort her in her moments of panic. The song’s video caused some controversy when people analyzed the symbols within it, and Hillsong later took the video offline.
- His wife Jessie jokingly says that she still struggles with understanding his Northern Irish accent.
- Benjamin is very close to fellow worship leader Joel Houston, and was very positively influenced by the mentorship of pastor Cass Langton.