Biography Profile / Bio Information
- John Gray is an American church pastor, former stand-up comedian, author and television star.
- A former member of the so-called Oprah’s ‘God Squad,’ the pastor is well-known for his TV series ‘The Book of John Gray’.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- John Gray was born on June 26, 1973, in Cincinnati, Ohio, in a music-oriented family.
- He is married to Aventer Gray (born in 1981) and together they have two children – A daughter ‘Theory Aspyn-Sky Gray’ and a son ‘John W. Gray IV.’
- The marriage certainly had his share of ups and downs – there were a few rumors raised about a possible affair the pastor might have had.
- However, Gray and his wife explained the situation publicly, claiming that it was nothing more than an emotional affair – Pastor Gray had confessed to another woman about his family and marriage issues, instead of seeking the help of another pastor or a couples therapist.
- After admitting his mistake publicly on public television, he claimed that the relationship with his wife is now stronger than ever.
- On their TV Show The Book of John Gray, the couple also spoke openly about their health issues and their struggle with weight problems.
- Another controversial aspect surrounding the Gray family was the Pastor’s extravagant purchases, including his cars, house, and properties. He had even bought a $200,000 Lamborghini for his wife.
Early Life and Education :
- Born with a clear musical affinity, Pastor John was only seven years old when he began directing the choir at his local church.
- He went to Withrow High School in Cincinnati and later on enrolled at College of Wooster, with an aacademic scholarship. After that, he got accepted at the University of Cincinnati.
- In 1994, when he turned 21, Gray finally accepted his call to ministry and he delivered his first sermons in September that year.
Ministries, Church Work, Salary and Net worth :
- John Gray pastors the ‘Relentless Church’ in Greenville, South Carolina since June 2018. Prior to this, Gray was a pastor in New Jersey, Florida, and Texas – perhaps the most important affiliation of all since here he met Pastor Joel Osteen from ‘Lakewood Church’.
- Together with his wife Aventer, Pastor John hosts a very successful TV show on Oprah Winfrey Network, called The Book of Gray, where the couple tries to guide people through the difficulties they go through, in a relaxed, unconventional and characteristically humorous way.
Books and Television :
- Pastor Gray has used his wisdom and convictions to help people through other TV programs on Hillsong Channel and Trinity Broadcasting Network. He has also appeared on Fox’s day-time talk show The Preachers.
- Apart from television, Gray likes sharing his thoughts with his followers in the two books that he authored: I Am Number 8: Overlooked and Undervalued, but not Forgotten by God and Win from Within. Both books focus on practical advice on becoming who we were meant to be through facing our inner battles.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Even if his life seems perfect, the Pastor has admitted in the past that he had suicidal thoughts, once thinking even to end his marriage and his life.
- John Gray was affiliated to the famous Grammy Award-winning gospel artist Kirk Franklin. He has toured across America as a singer in Kirk’s choir.
- He appeared on an episode of Sister Sister in November 1998 as a background singer.
- Gray believes that even when you are an underdog in the eyes of the world, God is working behind the scenes to develop you into a king or queen.
Health Update :
- Pastor John Gray Illness / Sick : He has no major illness or sickness to date and seems to be in good health.
Personal / Home Details
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- John Gray Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Black
- Nationality : American
Osby Berry【 Biography 】Age, Wife, Songs, Wikipedia, Net worth
Esther Lima ( Joel Houston Wife ) Model, Age, Wiki, Bio, Hillsong Church
Scott Ligertwood Hillsong Age, Biography Wiki, Net worth, Wedding Wife
Benjamin Hastings Wikipedia【 Hillsong 】Biography, Age, Wife
Aodhan King Age, Wiki, Family, Bio, Net worth, Girlfriend, Wife
Laura Toggs Age, Net worth, Husband【 Pastor Wikipedia Bio 】Children
Laura Lentz Age, Spouse Husband, Children【 Wiki Bio 】Parents, Net worth
Annie Garratt Age【 Bio Wikipedia 】Husband, Married Spouse, Hillsong
Jad Gillies Age, Wife Family【 Hillsong Wikipedia 】Birthday, Net worth
Alex Seeley Age, Family, Husband【 Wikipedia 】How old, Birthday, Bio