Amelia Warren Tyagi is an American author and the Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer of The Business Talent Group. She is also the daughter of successful Harvard Law Professor & Senator Elizabeth Warren.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Amelia was born in 1971 in New Jersey, to high school sweetheart parents – Father Jim Warren and Mother Elizabeth Warren.
- Shortly after her birth, brother Alexander Warren followed her.
- At the time of her birth, her father was working as a NASA engineer while her mother, having recently graduated with a science degree in speech pathology, was working with disabled children.
- Her mother returned to study when Amelia was two years old, this time Law.
- Not being able to find anyone to look after Amelia, she took her daughter to nearly all her lectures. She’s been noted as saying she owes her Law degree to the bag of M&M’s she bought Amelia from a vending machine before every lecture.
- In 1980, her parents divorced and her mother Elizabeth remarried Harvard Law School professor Bruce Mann shortly after.
Education, Marriage & Elizabeth Warren GrandChildren :
- Amelia is married to filmmaker Sushil Tyagi.
- Together they have three children; daughters Octavia Tyagi & Lavinia Tyagi, and son Atticus Mann Tyagi.
- As of 2017, she lives in Pacific Palisades, California, with her family.
- She graduated Phi Beta Kappa and ‘Magna-Cum-Laude’ from Brown University.
- She holds an MBA from the Wharton School of Business.
Professional Life : Career, Salary and Net Worth
- Amelia is an entrepreneur and a management consultant.
- As of 2017, she works as the President of the Business Talent Group. She also co-founded this group.
- Previously, she co-founded Health Allies, which is a health benefits firm. The United Health Group, who are the second biggest health insurers in America, later purchased it.
- In 2009, she sat on the Board of Trustees for think tank Demos, which is based in New York.
- In 2011, she became the chairman of the board for both Demos and The American Prospect, which is considered quite a progressive magazine.
- Throughout her career, Amelia has done freelance work as a consultant, including a stint as an Engagement Manager for the company McKinsey & Company.
Work as an Author & Writer :
- Working with her mother as a co-author, Amelia has published two bestselling books: The Income Trap & All Your Worth
- She has published notable pieces for the Harvard Business Review, USA Today and Time magazine on various topics.
- The main subjects she writes on are the US economy, the state of health care, and women’s working rights and abilities.
- Due to the success of her above publications, she has been called on to speak on those topics on various nationally syndicated radio shows, particularly Marketplace.