Profile Details / Wikipedia Information
- Bridget Phetasy is a charismatic, intelligent, sassy and socially aware writer, broadcaster and comedian.
- As a self-confessed addictive personality and a registered independent, Bridget’s reputation has grown as being a journalist and comedian who is not afraid to tackle controversial topics such as addictions, sex, and politics.
Personal Life and Family Background :
- Bridget Phetasy was born into an Irish Catholic family on November 15, 1978, in Connecticut, Massachusetts.
- The oldest of five children in her family, she has three sisters and one brother. Her younger sister called Vanessa is a wedding photographer and part-time nanny.
- At the age of 11, Bridget’s parents separated which she says was the start of her road to addiction.
- She was married briefly during her years as an addict but sadly the marriage did not last.
Early Life and Education :
- A highly intelligent student in her younger days, Bridget was on course to a straight-A school career and an Ivy League College.
- Following the divorce of her parents, she moved with her mother and stepfather to Minnesota where her addiction to alcohol and drugs started in the 8th grade.
- At the age of 19, following years of addiction, Bridget went into rehabilitation for the first time.
- After leaving rehab, she stayed clean for one month and discovered that she really wanted to write.
- She found her way back by going to film school & started taking acting and dance classes in Minneapolis.
- Bridget moved to LA to try and further her career and got parts as an extra in shows such as Felicity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Traffic Jam. Alongside, she also worked in a motorbike shop.
- After the breakup of her brief marriage and trying to make a living, Bridget went traveling all over the world even ending up in a sex cult ‘by accident’!
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- After ending her travels, Bridget finally based herself in Los Angeles, where her career really took off.
- In 2016, her first published work was for the Playboy magazine, as an advisor of sex.
- Since then Bridget has written for publications such as the New York Post, Huff Post, MEL Magazine and The Federalist.
- She is a regular contributor to podcasts where she openly talks about her life and political views. Her weekly podcast that she hosted for Ricochet’s ‘Walk ins Welcome’ regularly attracted avid fans.
- She has written self-help books, with the recent one being titled ‘Seducing Men is Like Hunting Cows.’
- She also works with her cousin Maggie who is her producing partner.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Although Bridget uses Phetasy as her last name she made it up to start her company Phetasy (dot) com.
- She describes her name as when ‘parody becomes reality.’
- She spent a few years in the restaurant industry as a hostess.
- Bridget also spent time trying to sell t-shits on the beach to students on spring break. She tried to cross the Canadian border with her t-shirts wrapped in white plastic bags and duct tape and got pulled over as the authorities thought they were drugs.
- The #MeToo movement has been a platform for her to share some some of her own experiences.
- As a self-confessed Twitter addict, Bridget gave up Twitter for ‘Lent 2019’.
- She confesses that her first addiction was sugar as a young child. After battling addiction for a long time, she now been sober for the last many years.