Philip Wegmann Age【 Wikipedia Biography 】Married, Birthday, Examiner
Philip Wegmann Birthday / Age / Date of Birth / DOB
, 1992. As of 2019, he is around 27 years old.
Marriage & Wedding / Wife / Engaged / Partner
Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Philip Wegmann is an American journalist and political commentator, who currently works for RealClearPolitics, a recognized political news and polling data aggregator.
- Although he has conservative views that are typically attributed to Republicans, both major political parties respect him for his neutral reporting.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Philip Wegmann was born on May 12th, 1992, in Woodburn, Indiana.
- Born in a conservative family to parents, Lynn and Elizabeth, he has two brothers named James and Thomas, and a sister named Laura.
- Philip currently resides in Washington, DC.
Early Life & Education :
- Homeschooled in his early years, Philip has achieved a number academic accolades.
- At 18-years-old, he won the first prize for a national essay writing contest, answering the question “What qualities make America a great nation?” The contest was put on by the ‘Stossel in the Classroom’ organization and received over 7,500 submissions.
- A year prior, Philip was selected as one of 45 students to participate in the 2010 ‘Youth Education Summit’, put on by the National Rifle Association (NRA). The weeklong event held in Washington DC, aims to help students explore American government and laws. It also offers $55,000 in scholarships for those who demonstrate leadership qualities and knowledgeable participation; Philip received $2,000 from the event.
- In 2011, he moved a state north to attend Hillsdale College in Michigan, from which he graduated with a degree in history and politics. Despite not taking a journalism class until his senior year, he wrote for the school newspaper, The Collegian.
Job, Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Fresh out of college, Philip got a job as a staff writer and radio producer at the conservative web magazine and podcast, The Federalist.
- After a few months, he moved on to work as a congressional correspondent for The Daily Signal.
- In end of 2016, Philip began working at The Washington Examiner as a political commentary writer.
- After some good years at at The Washington Examiner, Phillip now works with RealClearPolitics, where he covers the White House and 2020 Presidential elections.
- Finding success in his field at a young age, Philip has been featured on respected news outlets like CNN, Fox News, Fox Business, BBC and NPR — to name a few.
- Adding to his portfolio, Philip was selected as a fellow for America’s Future Foundation Writing Program in 2016; and as a Publius Fellow at The Claremont Institute in 2017.
- In 2018, he was awarded the Tony Blankley Chair for Public Policy and American Exceptionalism by the Steamboat Institute.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Before finding success as a journalist, Philip spent his college summers working in a frozen warehouse moving around pallets of ice cream.
- Born into a family of high achievers, his older brother James is recognized in the political world as the communications director for Republican Senator, Ben Sasse. Their sister is an illustrator for kid’s books, while their little brother is an aspiring baseball star and a talented photographer.
- Politics aside, Wegmann is a huge sports fan and motorcycle enthusiast.
- Unlike many millennials, he is not a fan of Instagram.
Currently Not Married. See Details Above.