Wiki Information / Biography Profile
- Steve Deace is a conservative Christian review columnist and Iowa-based talk-show host.
- A CRTV broadcaster, Steve comes across as a likeable man who dabbles in political issues, although he is not really a politician himself. He is frequently quoted in the media on political and cultural issues alike.
Early Life & Family Background :
- Steve Deace was born in July 1973 to a mother who was just in her early teens.
- His mother, Vickie McNeeley was impregnated in high school by another student at just the tender age of 15, thereby leading to his birth.
- Unfortunately, Steve was abandoned after birth by his actual father and bears his stepfather’s surname, who his mother married when Steve was three years old.
- Currently, Steve lives with his wife, Amy Deace and their three children, Anastasia, Zoe and Noah in Iowa. His beliefs in conservatism influenced this decision, as he feels living in the heartland can provide him with the grassroots conservative perspective often lacking in a beltway media culture that treats Middle America like a flyover country.
Early Life and Education :
- Steve was informally adopted at the young age of three by a controlling stepfather and he schooled in Michigan State.
- Growing up, he had a very tense relationship with his stepfather, who was a pro-Union Democrat. He was much closer to his mother.
Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Steve is a prolific writer & has several publications in papers like the USA Today, Washington Times and Townhall. He worked as a sports radio host for seven years before he started a politics show, “Steve Deace in the Afternoon” in 2006.
- The “Steve Deace Show” was launched in 2011 & shot into five of the top ten markets in the country – New York, Houston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., and Atlanta.
- Deace is currently the show host of, “Truth be Told” formerly on Conservative Review Television but now on Blaze TV after a merger between the two companies.
- He is also a co-host of the “We Talk Sports” show on Blaze TV with former professional baseball player, Curt Shilling.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- As a teenager, Steve idolized the Alex P. Keaton character on Family Ties. Alex was the black sheep of a liberal family on the show.
- He tries to keep his audience close, and even had to change his view once after he supported George W. Bush’s plans for a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
- He converted to Christianity in 2003 while attending a Promise Keeper’s rally.
- He once referred to Barack Obama, the former US President as a Marxist, largely due to the legalization of gay practices during his tenure.
- His actual father paid his Vickie’s mother and Steve’s grandmother to deny that he was his son.