|Personal Information Summary|
|Name||Victoria M. DeFrancesco Soto|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Dating / Boyfriend||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||April 28, 1983. As of 2023, she is around 40 years old.|
|Children / No. of Kids||4|
|Victoria DeFrancesco Soto Heritage / Ethnicity / Origin / Race||Mix of Italian, Jewish and Mexican.|
Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Victoria DeFrancesco Soto is the Assistant Dean at the LBJ School of Public Affairs – The University of Texas at Austin. Till January 2020, she served as the Director of Community Outreach at the University of Texas – Center for Mexican American Studies.
- She also contributes to several news organizations as a political analyst, does public speaking work and advises businesses on various issues.
- Victoria is married to her husband, Neftali Javier Garcia, and has four children, who have been kept out of public view.
- Garcia is a Texan, so Victoria says she is a ‘Texan by marriage’!
Personal Life: Family, Parents and Education
- Born in the 1980s, Victoria grew up in Sierra Vista, Arizona. Sierra Vista was a rural town of around 35,000 people and stood next to a military base. Growing up as a border kid, Soto was immersed in a mix of Mexican as well as American culture,
- Victoria’s mother is also named ‘Victoria’ and is from Sonora, a Mexican state bordering the U.S. The older Victoria became a U.S. citizen when the younger Victoria was in high school.
- She has a sister Terry, who is a Professor of Veterinary medicine, whom Victoria counts as one of her role models.
- Growing up, Soto and her friends used to call her hometown “Sorry Vista,” but she now considers herself fortunate for growing up in “True America”. Sierra was a “red” city with blue-collar grievances. According to her, folks living in Austin, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., or NYC don’t always understand why Trump won but growing up in Sierra Vista, but she understood the phenomenon.
- Having studied at several institutions, Victoria has a B.A. in Political Science & Latin American Studies from the University of Arizona and an M.A. and P.Hd in Political Science from Duke University.
- Her Ph.D. was earned in 2007 & Victoria has also has an honorary doctorate from the Northeastern Illinois University.
- She has also completed some special courses at Stanford University and the University of Michigan.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- In 2006 – 2010, Victoria was working as an Assistant Professor at Institute for Policy Research – Northwestern University in Illinois.
- From 2011 – 12, she worked at Latino Decisions as their Director of Communications. Latino Decisions is a polling firm focusing on the Latino population.
- Continuing her work outside the classroom, Victoria also has a significant public speaking career. She has spoken at YWCA Nation Conference, Harvard’s Latino Law & for the US government in its Public Diplomacy Program, speaking about America’s education system in the UK.
- Besides these, Soto has worked with media organizations like Telemundo, MSNBC and NBCNews, in both English and Spanish.
- The TV shows she has appeared on include, but are not limited to, Now With Alex Wagner, To The Contrary, Real Time with Bill Maher and The Beat with Ari Melber.
- In 2003, Victoria won the Samuel DuBois Cook Award for her work with immigrant students at Duke University.
- She even started work on a book about women who identify has Republican & how they have come more into the public eye recently.
- Diverse Magazine has named her one of the Top Twelve Scholars.
- In September 2021, Victoria was announced as the next dean of the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service.
- In her professional life, Victoria considers herself hard-working and stubborn. She thinks that her stubbornness has suited herself well in her professional endeavors.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Victoria is fluent in both English and Spanish, something that has allowed her to work with both English and Spanish news networks as a political expert & analyst.
- She is a big fan of the NCAA team Arizona Wildcats and is a hardcore basketball fan.
- Victoria has a small Twitter (now called X) following of over 10,000 followers.
- Soto loves to wake up at 5 a.m. as she gets more done in the first 90 minutes in the morning than in the whole afternoon, as her kids start waking up at 06.30 am.
- In middle school, Sota was a student council member, and later student body president in high school. This sparked her interest in politics.
James Damore Wikipedia, Age, Lawsuit, Memo, Education【 Bio 】Salary
Allie Stuckey Age, Wikipedia Bio, Net Worth, Religion, Baby, Husband
Philip Wegmann Age【 Wikipedia Biography 】Married, Birthday, Examiner
Bridget Phetasy Wiki Biography, Age, College, Married, Husband, Bio
Lana Lokteff Age, Wiki Biography, Married Husband【 Parents 】Contact
Steve Deace Wiki, Bio, Wife, Age, Net Worth, Family【 Mother Father 】