Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Victoria DeFrancesco Soto is the Assistant Dean at the LBJ School of Public Affairs – The University of Texas at Austin. Till January 2020, she served as the Director of Community Outreach at the University of Texas – Center for Mexican American Studies.
- She also contributes to several news organizations as a political analyst, does public speaking work and advises businesses on various issues.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Victoria is married to Neftali Javier Garcia and has four children, who have been kept out of public view.
Early Life & Education :
- Victoria grew up in Sierra Vista, Arizona. She was born in the 1980s.
- Having studied at several institutions, Victoria has a B.A. in Political Science & Latin American Studies from the University of Arizona and an M.A. and P.Hd in Political Science from Duke University.
- Her Ph.D. was earned in 2007 & Victoria has also has an honorary doctorate from the Northeastern Illinois University.
- She has also completed some special courses at Stanford University and the University of Michigan.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- In 2006 – 2010, Victoria was working as an assistant professor at Institute for Policy Research – Northwestern University in Illinois.
- From 2011 – 12, she worked at Latino Decisions as their Director of Communications. Latino Decisions is a polling firm focusing on the Latino population.
- Continuing her work outside the classroom, Victoria also has a significant public speaking career. She has spoken at YWCA Nation Conference, Harvard’s Latino Law & for the US government in its Public Diplomacy Program, speaking about America’s education system in the UK.
- Besides these, Soto has worked with media organizations like Telemundo, MSNBC and NBCNews, in both English and Spanish.
- The TV shows she has appeared on include, but are not limited to, Now With Alex Wagner, To The Contrary, Real Time with Bill Maher and The Beat with Ari Melber.
- In 2003, Victoria won the Samuel DuBois Cook Award for her work with immigrant students at Duke University.
- She even started work on a book about women who identify has Republican & how they have come more into the public eye recently.
- Diverse Magazine even named her one of the top twelve scholars.
Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Victoria is fluent in both English and Spanish, something that has allowed her to work with both English and Spanish news networks as a political expert & analyst.
- She is a big fan of the NCAA team Arizona Wildcats.
- Victoria has a small Twitter following of over 5000 followers.