Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Victoria DeFrancesco Soto is a lecturer at University of Texas’ LBJ School of Public Affairs & faculty affiliate for both the Department of Mexican-American and Latino Studies and the Center for Mexican American Studies.
- She is also a contributor to several news organisations as a political analyst, does public speaking work and advises businesses on various issues.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Victoria is married to Neftali Javier Garcia and has four children, who have been kept out of public view.
Early Life & Education :
- Victoria grew up in Sierra Vista, Arizona. She was born in the 1980s.
- Having studied at several institutions, Victoria has a B.A. in Political Science & Latin American Studies from the University of Arizona and an M.A. and P.Hd in Political Science from Duke University.
- She has also completed courses at Stanford University and University of Michigan.
- Her Ph.D. was earned in 2007 & Victoria has also gained an honorary doctorate from North-Eastern Illinois University.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- In 2006 – 2010, Victoria was working as an assistant professor at Institute for Policy Research at North-Western University.
- From 2010 – 11, she worked at Latino Decisions as a Director of Communications.
- Diverse Magazine even named her one of the top twelve scholars.
- Continuing her work outside the classroom, Victoria also has a significant public speaking career. She has spoken at YWCA Nation Conference, Harvard’s Latino Law & for the US government in its Public Diplomacy Program, speaking about America’s education system in the UK.
- Victoria is also a senior analyst for Latino Decisions, a polling firm focusing on Latinos.
- Besides these, Soto has worked with Telemundo, MSNBC and NBCNews, in both English and Spanish.
- TV shows she has appeared on include, but are not limited to, ,Now With Alex Wagner, To The Contrary, Real Time with Bill Maher and The Beat with Ari Melber.
- In 2003, she won the Samuel DuBois Cook Award for her work with immigrant students at Duke University.
- She even started work on a book about women who identify has Republican & how they have come more into the public eye recently.
Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Victoria is fluent in both English and Spanish, something that has allowed her to work with both English and Spanish news networks for her political analysis.
- She is a big fan of the NCAA team Arizona Wildcats.
- Victoria has a minor Twitter following with over 4000 followers.