Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Dave Roever is an American public speaker and the founder, president, and chairman of two non-profit corporations.
- He is known for serving in Vietnam War, for delivering speeches to the military personnel around the globe and for leading The Roever Evangelistic Association, Roever Educational Assistance Programs and The Eagles Summit Ranch.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Dave was born and raised in a loving family in South Texas. He would never have thought of going to war, but one day, his draft notice arrived in the mail.
- Dave went on to join the Navy and served as a riverboat gunner in the Brown Water Black Beret in Vietnam.
- Unfortunately, eight months after starting his service, Dave got severely injured in the line of duty. He was on a river on the Cambodian border when a phosphorous grenade exploded in his hand, and he got burned so badly that people could not recognize him anymore. However, after undergoing various terribly painful treatments and surgeries, he managed to survive the incident.
- Dave is married to his wife, Brenda Roever, and together they have two children – Matthew Roever (son) and Kimberly Chapin (daughter). Dave also has four grandchildren.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Before receiving his draft notice, Dave used to study at the Bible College in Texas, but he was not doing great as he had not passed any exams that year!
- As recognition of his achievements, Dave was awarded an honorary Doctorate Degree in May 2005.
Ministries, Career and Net Worth :
- Currently, on an ongoing mission to restore the wounded, Dave served in the military from 1968 to 1971. He was posted with the US Navy’s Warfare Division in Vietnam. In 1969, he was injured and spent fourteen months in the hospital.
- His list of military awards include – The Purple Heart Medal, The Navy Unit Commendation Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, and Vietnam Service Medal with Three Bronze Stars.
- Dave’s two non-profit corporations, Roever Evangelistic Association and Roever Educational Assistance Programs focus on supporting the public education, providing medical care in countries such as Vietnam & assisting the wounded warriors of war.
- As a public speaker, Roever delivers highly inspirational talks at different events in places such as public schools, military bases across the globe, corporations, and conventions, as well as on national television.
- He often tours in military war zones in order to deliver speeches and share a message of hope.
Contributions and Trivia :
- The Roever family has founded the Eagles Summit Ranch near Westcliffe, Colorado, which specializes in team training wounded former military men in public speaking and marital and emotional recovery after traumatic experiences. A second ranch of this kind is currently under construction near San Antonio, Texas.
- The Roever Foundation has a cardiac care unit in one of Vietnam’s largest hospitals, where hundreds of lives are saved at no cost to the patients.
- Moreover, Dave’s foundation has provided the Red Cross in Vietnam with an amazing number of wheelchairs, bicycles, drugs, boats, and motors.
- Dave has a special section on the foundation’s website called ‘Dave’s Corner’ where he writes blog posts on a variety of inspirational topics.
- Although now he is confident in his strength and beliefs when he first saw himself in the mirror after the war injury, Dave was dejected and tried to kill himself.
Personal / Home / Contact Details
- Dave Roever Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American
- How tall is Dave Roever / Height : 5′6″
Kim Clement【 Biography Wikipedia 】Death, Family, Wife, Daughter, Bio
Dave Meyer Age, Net Worth, Wikipedia, Joyce House, Home, Family
Pastor Calvin Roberson Age, Wife Married【 Wikipedia 】Net Worth, Family
Pastor Keion Henderson Wife, Father, Quotes, Net Worth, Family, Age, Bio
Joseph Prince Net Worth, Wife, Quotes, Biography, Age【 Wiki 】Car
Cathy Duplantis Age, Wikipedia Bio, Jesse Duplantis Wife, Net worth
Daniel Kolenda【 Wikipedia 】Wife, Family, Age, Father, Biography