Wiki Bio / Profile Information
- Kim Clement was popularly known as the “singing prophet.” He would often prophesize about the future.
- Kim and his wife, Jane were also the founders of the House of Destiny Church.
- He passed away after two years of physical illnesses in November 2016.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Kim Clement was born on September 30, 1956, in Uitenhage, a small town in South Africa.
- He was the second child of parents Vivian Cecil Clement (father) and Babette Clement Smith (mother). His father worked as a Superintendent with the South African Railways, while his mother worked as a receptionist at a local doctor’s office. She also ran a small printing business on the side.
- Kim had three siblings.
- For his education, Kim attended Lawson Brown High School in Port Elizabeth. He started learning music from a very age and was taught by his aunt. He learned classical piano at five years old and spent time practicing it daily.
- Quite a young rebellious child, Kim started smoking up from his early teens. When he was twelve years old, Kim, along with his brother Barry, formed a band called Mark 4. Another band called Cosmic Blues recruited Kim to play with them, and they toured South Africa.
Early Struggles & Finding His Path :
- By the time he was 17 years old, Clement was already addicted to various harmful substances and suffering from depression.
- He was stabbed and robbed after spending a night drinking and overdosing on heroin. He was lying in a ditch dying when remembered words from a pastor and cried out to Jesus.
- Later, Kim was found by a Christian man who got him the help he needed and spread out the word of Jesus. This was the event that changed his life’s direction.
- Kim was baptized at the Uitenhage Full Gospel Church and spent three years serving there.
- Later, he met Pastor Jimmy Crompton, who offered him a job in his ministry, Word of Faith. It was in this church that Kim met his future wife Jane Barnes.
- He soon moved to Jane’s hometown near Durban, South Africa, to be with her. They were married that same year, in December 1978. The couple went on to have five children together.
Church Work, Ministries & Net worth :
- Between 1976 and 1978, Kim was a Pastor of Music and Youth Ministry Pastor at various churches.
- After he married Jane, Kim started assisting Jane’s uncle, Fred Roberts, who was the senior Pastor at the Full Gospel Church in Durban, South Africa, with the youth and worship teams. Here he helped establish the first non-racial church in South Africa, The Lyric Christian Center.
- In 1981, he headed to the USA to attend Christ for the Nations and then traveled throughout the country. In 1991, he moved there permanently with his family.
- After years of traveling around, Kim made Detroit his home and began “The Warriors of the New Millennium,” a Detroit-based outreach program.
- In 2012, he moved to Camarillo, CA, and built his ‘House of Destiny’ facility geared towards streaming his songs, sermons, and musical concerts.
Illness & Death :
- Kim suffered from a series of severe and debilitating brain bleeds and was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour on September 7, 2015.
- He fought valiantly against spreading cancer for a long time but finally succumbed to it on November 23rd, 2016, at the age of 60.
- Kim Clement Illness / Health Update / Sick : In 1974, After drinking and high dosage of heroin. Kim was stabbed and robbed. He stumbled on the streets and collapsed. Eventually, saved by a Christian Man. He changed his life after the incident and devoted himself to Christ. On September 7th, 2015, He was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour. Tumor was successfully removed but cancer was spread to his lungs.
- Kim Clement Dies / Dead / Death : After a long battle with cancer, he died on November 23rd, 2016 with his wife and children by his side.