|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||October 22, 1933. As of 2023, she is around 90 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Spouse / Partner||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||6|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|When was Dodie Osteen healed of cancer?||According to the Osteens, Dodie was healed from cancer through faith and prayer, but no specific date or year was provided.|
Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Dolores “Dodie” Osteen (maiden name Dolores Pilgrim) is an American pastor, author and cancer survivor.
- She is best known for founding the Lakewood Church together with her husband, the pastor John Osteen.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Born on October 22, 1933, Dodie lives in Houston, Texas, where she serves as the Lakewood Church Matriarch. Her parents are Roy Vernon Pilgrim (father, born in 1905 – passed away in 2001) and Georgia L. Case (mother, born in 1910 – passed away in 1997)
- Back in 1981, right after attending her son Paul’s graduation ceremony from medical school, Dodie found out she had terminal liver cancer. The doctors did not give her any chance to live a long life. However, through prayer, she claims to have won the battle with the terrible disease. The proof stands in the fact that she is still alive, almost four decades after her diagnosis.
Husband, Marriage and Kids :
- Dolores met her future husband when she was very young, as he was her pastor.
- After high school, Dodie went to nursing school. John would always come in, and she thought he was visiting patients until she realized he was actually coming to see her.
- For the first six months of dating, she would still call him “Brother Osteen.”
- Dodie is John’s second wife. They got married in 1954 and stayed together until John died in 1999.
- Together Dodie and John went on to have six children – Paul Osteen, Justin Osteen, Lisa Osteen, April Osteen Simons, Tamara Osteen, and the well-known pastor Joel Osteen.
➤➤ Learn about Pastors & Other Members of Lakewood Church!
Sermons, Church Work and Net Worth :
- Along with John, Dodie co-founded the Lakewood Baptist Church in a dusty abandoned feed store in northeast Houston. However, they soon dropped the term Baptist from its name and became nondenominational. Later on, they launched the Lakewood Bible Institute, which is an unaccredited school devoted to biblical training from a charismatic perspective, as they like to call it. After John died, his son Joel Osteen became Lakewood Church’s pastor together with his mother. Today, millions tune in on televisions around the world.
- As she has a fascinating story to tell, Dodie chose to share her experience by writing books. She has won the battle with cancer, which is rare nowadays, so she documents her journey of healing in a book called Healed of Cancer (1986). Here she also includes a list of 62 healing scriptures that she used as her only treatment during the time she was diagnosed with cancer. Her later titles include Choosing Life : One Day at a Time (2006) and If My Heart Could Talk: A Story of Family, Faith and Miracles (2016).
- Nowadays, Dodie is traveling across the country with Pastor Joel, her son, and speaks at conferences and events.
- She is also a regular at an event called Night of Hope with Joel and Victoria, where she delivers a special testimony.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Cancer was not the only terrible disease to affect Dolores, as she contracted polio as a child. However, she managed to survive this too.
- Dodie believes that only a miracle saved her daughter Lisa from a life of handicaps she might have had due to some pregnancy complications.
- Lisa was saved again when a package bomb sent to the church exploded in her lap and managed to escape serious injury.
- Her family calls her the “Queen Mother” of Lakewood Church.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Dodie Osteen still alive? : Yes, she is still healthy and still living.
April Osteen Simons Husband, Married【 Wikipedia 】Age, Bio, Birthday
Jonathan Osteen【 Wikipedia 】Age, Married, Wife, College, Bio, House
Dr Paul Osteen Wife, Age, Net Worth, Family, Birthday, Son :: Wikipedia Bio
Charisa Munroe Wedding, Age, Married, Husband【 Biography 】Wiki
DawnChere Wilkerson Age, Baby, Pregnant, Wedding, Bio, Parents, Wiki
Aventer Gray Wikipedia, Age, Birthday, Education【 Bio 】Net worth
Ruth Munroe Biography, Death Date, Age, Wikipedia, Myles Munroe Wife
My name is Alyssa and I wish to talk to you about some advice. My mother and I heard about you having liver cancer and you survived from it. My mother has Dyslexia and Dementia. She hates the fact that she can never remember a lot of things or write and read.
If it’s not too much trouble, can you tell us if we can find a way to heal my mother from her Dyslexia and Dementia like you did from your liver cancer?.
She was not born as you said she is over 86 yrs old.
Dear Dodie, I’m so glad you survived cancer. I have survived kidney disease I’m back on dialysis it’s been 4 years now I have had 2 transplants and hoping to be put on 2 lists UC San Diego and Loma Linda. Please pray for me I have 2 grown children and 2 grandchildren and I want to be alive to watch them mature into fine individuals. Thank you so much and God bless