Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Dr Hazel Wallace is an Irish NHS medical doctor, health influencer, best-selling author, content creator, registered nutritionist, and a qualified personal trainer. She is well-known for her popular health and fitness blog, The Food Medic.
- As a resident online doctor, Hazel works for Women’s Health. She writes columns for Psychologies magazine.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Hazel had a happy childhood growing up. She was born to parents Kevin Wallance (father) and Jo Wallace (mother), on December 4, 1990, in Blackrock, Northern Ireland.
- In September 2005, Hazel’s dad, Kevin Wallace, started suffering from borderline type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. He collapsed at the family dinner table and passed away a few days later. Hazel celebrated her father’s birthday with her mother in October 2017. To commemorate the occasion, she posted a photo with her mother on Instagram.
- Hazel is also close with her sisters, Emma and Marcella Wallace.
- Currently, there are no details about her romantic life. In the past, she was in a relationship with a former boyfriend named Ben during her education at Cardiff University.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Hazel started attending the University of South Wales in 2009. She graduated with a first-class BSc (Honours) degree in Medical Sciences in 2012.
- In 2012, she enrolled at Cardiff University to pursue her M.D in Medicine. She graduated with a four-year degree in 2016.
- She furthered her education with an MSc in Clinical Nutrition and Public Health from University College London (UCL) in 2019.
- Hazel has gained her level 2 and level 3 personal trainer qualifications during her time at medical school.
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- Hazel Wallace is the Founder and Author of her blog, ’The Food Medic.’ She first started writing back in August 2013 as a medical student. Hazel wanted to narrow the gap between the latest thoughts/developments in lifestyle medicine and conventional medicine. The blog has now extended to various publications and other platforms, including many successful books, social media posts, and a podcast.
- Since August 2016, Wallace has been working as a medical doctor for University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Hazel shares actionable advice on how we can live healthier lives as a host of her podcast also titled “The Food Medic.” She also interviews leading field experts from time to time.
Awards and Achievements :
- Dr Wallace’s debut book The Food Medic, was the U.K. and Irish Bestseller (No. 3 and No. 1 in the ranking, respectively). It was released on May 4, 2017.
- Her second book, The Food Medic for Life, also made it to the bestseller charts. It was released in April 2018.
- Dr. Wallace was chosen as the Blogger of the Year by Health Food Manufacturers’ Association (HFMA) in September 2017.
- The Wellness Awards awarded her the “Wellness Blogger of the Year Award” in February 2018.
- In the UK, Hazel’s bog, The Food Medic, was ranked in the Top 10 Best Nutrition Blogs ranking.
- Hazel has been a keynote speaker at TEDx Talks. In her speech, she shared her passion for using exercise as medicine.
- She was once featured in the ‘Top Ten Fitness Instagrammers’ ranking by The Daily Mail.
Volunteer Work :
- During her career, Hazel has also been a volunteer. She has worked as a teacher for International Volunteer H.Q. since July 2011. She was involved in 4 weeks of teaching children from the ages of 3-13 in the slums of New Delhi.
- She has also worked as a health teacher for Sexpression, since September 2013. Sexpression is a student organization that empowers young people to manage their relationships confidently by running informal relationship guidance sessions.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- As per her blog profile, Hazel likes to view herself as one of the first doctors of the new generation, who is passionate about maximizing health through stress management, physical activity, food, sleep, and social connections.
- As per her bio, Hazel inspires and educates herself to become a more robust and healthier person. During her medical school training, she had noticed a gap between lifestyle medicine and the nutrition curriculum. She soon realized that she could share her message with more people, and thus, made it her life’s goal to help improve the health of everyone around her.
- While being interviewed by Sainsbury Magazine, Hazel explained why she started focusing on her health and fitness. Hazel realised how bloated she had become as she was going through her photo album during her university years. She started going to the gym and did her research on diet and nutrition. Her passion for cooking was reignited as Hazel began learning to cook healthy meals from scratch.
- Hazel also told the magazine that it is high time medical professionals start focusing on nutritional advice rather than instantly prescribing pills. She feels that medical doctors often ignore lifestyle issues and that most lifestyle diseases like obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and stroke are linked to faulty diets.
- In the same interview, she also talked about her favourite foods. Hazel recommended grains, legumes, chickpeas, and lots of vegetable dishes. She also advised fans to use good olive oil and oily fish as they have heart-friendly fats.
- While being interviewed by Vogue on April 17, 2020, Hazel disclosed that she was drafted to a COVID-19 ward just when she intended to take a long research break. She coped well with the pandemic despite the challenging experience.
- Over the past few years, Hazel has held several workshops and social events for sharing her knowledge and passion for nutrition and health. She has published many articles in newspapers and magazines such as The Evening Standard, HELLO!, and Stellar Magazine.
- Dr. Wallace has a working level proficiency in 3 languages – English, French, and Irish.
- On a panel moderated by Montana Brown, Hazel spoke on women’s health in October 2017.
- Hazel loves posting colourful and delicious looking food snaps on her Instagram. She also posts her workouts, including running miles on the treadmill, upside-down press-ups, and lifting huge weights for the delight of her followers.
Personal / Home Details
- Marital Status / Married? : Dating.
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : British
Mikhaila Peterson【 Jordan Peterson Daughter 】Diet, Wiki, Age, Bio
Dr. Cate Shanahan Age, Bio Wiki【 Diet 】Weight Loss, Education, Husband
Dr. Rhonda Patrick Age, Wiki Bio, Husband, Married Age, Diet, Net worth
Dr. Kellyann Petrucci Education, Age, How old, Husband【 Wikipedia 】
Rachel Frederickson Now 2022, Height, Wiki, Age, Weight Loss Diet
Dr Kristi Funk Age, Diet【 Bio 】How old, Net worth, Reviews, Husband
Dr. Ken Berry【 Age 】Biography, First Wife, Wikipedia, House, Net worth
Casey Mauro Age, Birthday【 TCAP Bio 】Wiki, Net worth, Young, Now
Dr. Shawn Baker Wiki, Age, Carnivore Diet Plan, Bio, Height, Wife
Sapna Vyas Patel Wiki, Husband, Age, Height【 Diet Plan 】Bio, Marriage