Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Dr. Tara Narula is an American cardiologist, assistant medical professor, Cardiac Care Unit associate director and medical contributor originally from Stanford, California.
- Multi-talented and passionate about her work, Tara has been interested in the medical world ever since she was a young girl.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Tara was born to Indian origin parents in 1976. She was raised in Stanford, California.
- She is now married to a plastic surgeon named Dr. David L. Cangello and together, they have 2 beautiful children – little girls named Siena and Layla.
Early Life & Education :
- Tara attended Stanford University and graduated with Bachelor’s Degrees in both Biology and Economics.
- She moved to Los Angeles, to the University of California where she earned a medical degree at the university’s Keck School of Medicine.
- She then went on to the Brigham and Women’s Hospital to complete an Internal Medicine residency through Harvard University.
- Dr. Narula completed her cardiology fellowship training at the NY Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Centre.
- She also received additional certification in Internal Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology and Echocardiography.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- For over a decade, Dr. Narula has worked very hard to build her own personal and professional brand.
- She is a certified cardiologist and the Cardiovascular Medicine Assistant Professor at the Zucker School of Medicine.
- She also partnered with the Manhattan-based Lenox Hill Hospital as the Associate Director at their Cardiac Care Unit.
- In 2010, she became a member of the New York based Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute to provide critical cardiac care for patients as well as consultative care for patients.
- To top off all of her other career achievements, Dr. Narula is also an American College of Cardiology fellow in addition to being a part of the Go Red for Women NYC Committee.
- She is also the AHA, national spokesperson and has further interests in coronary artery disease management as well as women’s health and rights.
- Between the period of 2014 and 2018, she received the Award for Super Doctors in NYC.
TV Appearances and Contribution :
- Tara has regularly contributed to CBS News, providing medical insights for the network’s platforms and news broadcasts that include ‘CBS Evening News’, ‘CBS Sunday Morning’, ‘CBS this Morning’ and ‘CBSN’.
- She has also contributed to other publications and platforms that include CNN, the Oprah Magazine, NBC News, HealthNation and Fox.
- She has also founded her very own company called Sun Juice Inc. while pursuing an active career in the medical field.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Dr. Narula is an active user of social media, which she views as a platform to discuss various social and medical issues while reaching out to followers with medical-related problems and questions.
- She also loves posting pictures of her family on social media.
- When she is not working, Dr. Narula enjoys traveling with her family and spending as much time with her daughters as possible. She also enjoys having some quality time with her husband who is a very busy individual in his own right.
- Dr Tara Narula Ethnicity : Indian