Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Tana Amen is an American health care and fitness professional. She is a New York Times best-selling author & is the Executive Vice President of Amen Clinics.
- Amen is also wellness blogger & a fitness expert, whose strategy for obtaining health focuses on both the brain and the body, with a strong focus on nutrition as a way towards a healthier life.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Tana Amen was born in 1968 & is married to the award-winning psychiatrist and doctor Daniel Amen. The couple got married in 2008 & together they have a daughter Chloe Amen.
- Tana spent the first half of her life chronically ill – She was diagnosed with thyroid cancer when she was 23 years old, which came back three times before she was cleared.
- Feeling betrayed by her own body and frustrated by doctors telling her to accept her constant state of being unhealthy, Amen soon started on her own path to discover how to be healthy.
Early Life & Education :
- Amen studied at Loma Linda University’s School of Nursing, a health sciences university located in California. She graduated magna-cum-laude.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Amen began her career as a neurosurgical intensive care nurse at Loma Linda’s level-A-trauma unit. Here, her role was to help patients understand that they are not helplessly tied to their current situations & that they can get better. This job meant she had to work with some of the sickest patients at the hospital.
- She soon learnt how nutrition has a huge impact on health & brain health, and has written a number of books on health including The Brain Warrior’s Way and The Omni Diet.
- Through her personal website, Tana also offers a large range of services, from podcasts to products that help people achieve a healthy mode of living.
- Currently, Tana is the Executive Vice President of Amen Clinics, a health care clinic that focuses on helping patients with their mental health, creating custom solutions for patients’ psychiatric conditions.
- At Amen Clinics, she has worked together with health professionals, such as Dr. Mehmet Oz and husband Daniel Amen, to develop the “Daniel Plan,” a year-long plan in which participants can work towards obtaining better health.
- Besides appearing on multiple television shows, Tana’s health tips are disseminated by large publishing networks such as The Huffington Post and Live Strong.
- Along with pursuing her own career, Tana has helped her husband Daniel Amen develop his PBS Specials, which launched his career into being one of America’s most respected & well-recognized doctors.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Tana is a black belt in both Tae Kwon Do and Kenpo Karate.
- She always puts health first, with her personal aim to extend this mentality to both her friends and her family.
- Amen believes that though working out is about dedication and hard work, everybody has limitations they need to work with that are out of their control. She, for example, has Scoliosis – an abnormal curvature of the spine that requires her to adjust her workout accordingly.