Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Dr. Sydnee McElroy is a family medicine doctor, podcaster, host, and activist from Huntington, West Virginia.
- Smart, passionate and open-minded, Sydnee has a lot to share with the world, and regardless of what she is doing, she always manages to pour her full energy into it.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Background :
- Sydney’s maiden name is Sydnee Smirl, but she prefers to use her married name more.
- She has two sisters named Teylor and Rileigh.
- Sydnee is married to video game journalist, podcaster and comedian, Justin McElroy. The couple lives in West Virginia with their daughter, Cooper Renee and son Charlie Gail.
- Her husband Justin is the co-founder of a video game website called Polygon.
- In 2018, Sydney came out as bisexual during an appearance on the ‘Still Buffering’ podcast.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Sydnee studied Family Medicine at the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine – Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia.
- She also completed her residency at the same university.
- McElroy is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine.
Career, Income, Salary & Net worth :
- Sydnee works as an Assistant Professor at Marshall University in the Family Medicine department.
- Her special interests are primary care and international family medicine and she has hospital privileges at the River Park Hospital as well as the Cabell Huntington Hospital.
Podcasting Work :
- McElroy is also a podcaster and co-hosts the Sawbones podcast with her husband Justin. Sawbones focuses on medical history and is distributed by the Maximum Fun network online. Sydnee is the main medical expert while Justin adds some humor to each topic they discuss.
- Part of the main allure of their podcast is the interesting medical practices they discuss which are mostly very old and unfamiliar to a lot of their listeners.
- In October of 2018, the duo published a book called ‘The Sawbones Book: The Horrifying, Hilarious Road to Modern Medicine.’ The book was published by a renowned international publisher, Weldon Owen.
- Sydnee is also the co-host of another podcast called ‘Still Buffering’ which sees her offering teenagers life advice alongside her sisters Riliegh and Teylor.
- She has also been featured on her husband and brother-in-law’s podcast called ‘My Brother, My Brother and Me.’ McElroy was featured on a 2015 episode called ‘My Sister, My Sister and Me’ which featured her sisters-in-law, Rachel and Teresa McElroy.
- Sydnee has also previously worked with her husband on a podcast called ‘Losing the Sheen’ which was centered on reviewing episodes of the popular TV sitcom ‘Two and a Half Men.’ The podcast was short-lived and they discontinued it after 9 episodes because they felt it was no longer interesting.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Throughout her career, she has received quite a few accolades including an Academic Achievement Citation from the American Medical Women’s Association.
- She is also a member of the Alpha Omega Honor Medical Society and the American Family of Family Physicians.
- McElroy is quite popular on social media and has over 100,000 followers on her Twitter account.