Frances Swaggart is an American Christian member of the Jimmy Swaggart Ministries. She is also a talk show personality and a dedicated mother and wife.
Family Background & Married Life :
- Born on August 9, 1937, Frances was born and raised in the United States.
- Frances is married to Jimmy Swaggart, the famous preacher, Pastor, and Reverend that co-founded the Family Worship Center, a fully integrated Gospel Church located in Louisiana which is the spiritual headquarters of the community and Ministry.
- Frances and Jimmy have been married since October 10, 1952, thus completing 66 years of marriage in 2018.
- The couple had only one son – Donni Swaggart (born in 1954). Donnie, too, is a preacher & went on to have three children, Jennifer, Gabriel, and Matthew Swaggart. He also had eight grandchildren – Samantha, Abby, Caroline, Ryder-Presely, Navy Matthew Aaron, Lola, Harper, and Harrison.
Work, Salary & Net Worth :
- Frances is the Co-Pastor and Co-founder of the Family Worship Center.
- She is also the Chief Financial Officer of the Worship Center and oversees every ministry aspect, including finances. She is in charge of the personnel record files of all 250+ people employed at the center.
- She hosts a very popular talk show seen daily on SonLife Broadcasting Network called Frances and Friends. Her program revolves around discussing current issues the church is facing today as well as world events and trying to take a ‘biblical approach’ towards it.
- The show Frances and Friends normally features guests to discuss certain topics; the first hour is normally focused on debates and answering questions emailed in from the viewers and listeners around the world. The second hour consists of live call-in questions from the audience.
- Frances’ talk show can be seen every morning from Monday to Friday & often has repeat episodes on the weekend.
- In 1988, Frances’ husband Jimmy was involved in a sex scandal with a prostitute, which resulted in a suspension from the Ministry, and ultimately being defrocked by the Assemblies of God.
- Jimmy’s exposure was the result of a retaliatory move from fellow “Assemblies of God” Minister Marvin Gorman when Jimmy accused him of having several affairs.
- Marvin hired his son Randy and son-in-law Garland to stake out a Travel Inn in Baton Rouge, Florida.
- They placed a camera draped in black cloth in the window of room 12 in the hotel.
- A while later, Jimmy arrived with a prostitute and took her to room 7. Garland and Randy let the air out of Jimmy’s tires & immediately called Marvin, who came to the hotel to ask Jimmy what he was doing there.
- The sex scandal resulted in Jimmy’s infamous ‘I have sinned’ speech where he tearfully confessed what he had done to the Ministry, as well as hundreds of members of the Family Worship Center.
- In 1991, Jimmy was involved in another sex scandal with another prostitute, and rather than confessing to the congregation again, he decided to take another approach, telling those at the center that “The Lord told me it’s none of your business.”
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- While the Family Worship Center hold weekly services, they also host three ‘camp meeting’ sessions a year where thousands of members attend.
- Frances and Jimmy met when he was playing music with his father in a local church.